Shred Guitars  

Go Back   Shred Guitars > ESP Guitars > ESP guitars

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 04:11 PM
NFG

My Photos: (0)

kb7010

"scammed" "spammed" this is a harsh conclusion to come to, frankly it's unkind, and untrue. Again, I am new here and I didn't want to make this a for sale thread in my second post. Again, the first post predates the craigslisting.

Ok now, as for me "sugarcoating" things, that's completely your opinion, and while your completely at right to feel that way, you're also mistaken.

I never lied, I am honest, and you came to those incorrect conclusions yourself. But that's fine if we're not in agreement on something, but slander is another whole thing entirely.

Again, that's fine to feel that way (it's your opinion afterall), and since you have a lot more posts than me, and have been here longer, I can't say much else, except your opinion is your opinion, albeit a harsh and incorrect assessment at best. You see, there's a reason the american judicial system is predicated on the doctrine of "innocent until proven guilty." It's not fair to judge me without first hearing me out. I posted before what occurred, I even apologized to you specifically.

If that's not enough, I'm sorry, I guess we hit it off wrong and I'll leave you alone. I can only wish you will do the same, and end this unfair slander.

For anyone else reading this, I hope you understand it's one thing to be on the lookout for scammers, but it's another thing to completely call somebody out for something without the facts, and coming to a judgement without first letting them explain how things occurred.

And once they explain the events, motives, etc, you say they are "sugarcoating" I think it's impossible to try to amend your opinion of me, no matter how wrong you are.

Ok, now:
Quote:
If you only have 5 bills in the bank then you wouldn't have bought that axe unless you thought you could make money off of it and again IMO (keywords .. IMO ) why you posted it here...
Um what I do with my money is my business. Now I'm not a wheeler dealer, or in this for profit, and I bought the guitar because I saw it was an ESP and it had low action, and was really cool looking. Who are you to come to any other conclusion? or to comment above like that? You're trying to paint me as someone I am not, and sorry, it's unfair, and not nice. But whatever, I'm sure this isn't going to change anything, after all I have a premonition after your last reply, you're standing strong no matter what. I'd assume it's probably because of your "pride" or whatever, but that'd possibly be me coming to a rash conclusion about you, unfair to judge someone with such little evidence.

EDIT

I said I have 500 in my account meaning at this very moment, after guitar, a months expensed and what-not. Various other personal living expenses, job interview expenses, which is my personal buisness, but what the heck, it can't hurt to put this. Either way, why am I spending so much time trying to win you over?

I guess I just felt sorry for wasting your time. And I still do. But I'm getting the impression that's not what this is about, possibly the makings of a witch-hunt?

mikeosoft fucked with this message on : 11-19-2011 at 04:21 PM Reason: last paragraph added
Old 11-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Don't monkey with me....

Favorite Axe: Kramer - JonSwans and StageMasters
Favorite Strings: DRs pure blues 10's
My Photos: (41)
My Mood:

Lets just agree to disagree. Shred is a place for guitar players and that is what we discuss. We naturally assumed you probably would be a player also but as we find out you are just trying to make a buck, you found a pos guitar and are thinking you can flip it and get rich. Maybe you can but not here, your guitar was interesting but nothing special - by your account we should have seen that in your first post where you mentioned "an offer" but being just guitar players we kinda missed that and thought you might just want to join us for the joy and pleasure of playing. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and wish you well in your quest.
Nuff said,
Jon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That was a joke son! A joke!" Foghorn Leghorn
Old 11-19-2011, 05:26 PM
NFG

Hi Jon,

No I am a player too. Just not a shredder. I own a strat, a homemade tele, and a gibson "the paul." My daily player back before I came out here to LA to find work is a MIM sea foam green strat. Nothing special, but I like it because it stays in tune well.

I'm not trying to "flip it", its for sale if someone wants it bad enough. In the meantime I like using it, practicing with it, getting to know how to use a floating bridge, in and outs of having 24 frets...

I'm sorry you think it's a P.O.S. but as a shredder, you're playing much nicer superstrats like kramers and whatnot, I think I understand.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Certified Fucking Rock Star

Favorite Axe: ibanez
Favorite Strings: elixers
My Mood:

witch!!!... witch!!.. lol.. btw.... have you played an ibanez yet?...
Old 11-19-2011, 05:44 PM
NFG

Ha.
not since i was 15 and working the front counter of the music shop lol. Back then I just picked up acoustic guitar and could play a bob Marley song and if i recall I was learning the intro to wish you were here. hahaha there was a JS model, I knew about joe satriani from being around the music shop and what not but I remember up until that point I had only really held and used a Gibson Les Paul my dad had, and i remember grabbing the guitar with the force to lift up a 10pound les paul, only the sucker was so light I was amazed. I dont remember much else, but that was the only time I ever played or used an Ibanez.

Since coming out to LA I've seen a lot of these "artcore" models, which really look awesome and are really affordable. I definitely want to own one eventually, something I can carry around maybe install a bigsby trem and not fear getting a scratch or gigging with it.

But after getting this 80's guit, I feel i'm kinda spoiled by all this technology. I've spent all morning watching youtube vids on how to restring a floyd-rose guit, and I'm still scared. Drum equipment is nothing like this
Old 11-19-2011, 06:05 PM

My Mood:

restring it one string at a time.. you'll be fine.. in the 20+ yrs i've been playin, ive never owned anything but a trem (and i only play ibby's..lol).. they can be a nightmare.. try this.. http://forum.ibanez.com/yaf_postst69...REM-GUIDE.aspx
Old 11-19-2011, 06:53 PM
AKA: Ed Roman Jr.

Favorite Axe: Charvel/Jackson, Edwards
Favorite Strings: D'Addario/9-42
My Mood:

for anybody to say that guitar is a POS, especially from a Kramer fans perspective (no offense intended), is, to be honest, stupid.

those ESPs are a step ahead of anything they manufactured for Kramer. Why would ESP give their competition better guitars? does not make sense.

A lot of people get pissy when they see things like this. I like, and appreciate it. You acknowledge that you are not a shredder, and that the guitar does not suit your needs, so you first try to get info from people who may know what the guitar is, and second, offer to sell the guitar to the people who appreciate the guitars.

don't worry too much about kb7010, I can't understand wtf he's trying to say half the time, and I've been on forums with him for years. Kinda like the Boomhauer of the keyboard
Old 11-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Don't monkey with me....

My Mood:
Talking

pos, is a dirty old guitar which that is what the pictures show, still has the old strings and grime. I didn't say it was a turd Ben that's the kind you like..... Missed ya brother even if it took a stupid thread to get you to post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:30 AM
String Slingin' Shredaholic

Favorite Axe: My PRS of course...!!

FUCK you too Ben...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Can you understand that...?????????

I sound like Boomhauer .. that is too funny ... and this info. is coming from a guy that got BANNED over at the Kramer Guitar forums because all he done was bitch about everything...!!!!!!!!

If you like the guys axe so much go ahead and buy it asshole...!!!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:14 PM

My Mood:

lol..lol..lol...
Old 11-21-2011, 12:11 PM

Favorite Axe: Kramer
My Mood:

Yikes !
Old 11-21-2011, 12:14 PM
NFG

Today I am cleaning up the neck and getting rid of the dirt and whatnot. I've been advised to not use any wax based products on the rosewood fretboard, as it will mess with the wood. Also I was told that products that say 100% lemon oil are marketing bullshit and will do more damage than a damp rag and hard scrubbing. I can clean it that way no problem, and I have a small bottle of bore oil that i use on my acoustic taylor, but am not sure if I should apply it or not.

Can anyone with experience with rosewood fretboard maintenance suggest a sound course of action?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Don't monkey with me....

My Mood:

I use lemon oil the wife buys at the store for the furniture and I like the product called liquid gold too. I think anything for fine furniture will work on rosewood or ebony. I use 0000 steel wool and the oil to clean my necks- also polishes the frets too. If you do use steel wool be sure to rub up and down the neck not sideways. Go with the grain and you won't see any scratches.
I think in the tips section there is a how to for setting up a Floyd too.
If it is really dirty around the frets use a tooth brush to clean them.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Favorite Axe: Kramer
My Mood:

i use Dunlop fret board cleaner & conditioner .
Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfojon View Post
I use lemon oil the wife buys at the store for the furniture and I like the product called liquid gold too. I think anything for fine furniture will work on rosewood or ebony. I use 0000 steel wool and the oil to clean my necks- also polishes the frets too. If you do use steel wool be sure to rub up and down the neck not sideways. Go with the grain and you won't see any scratches.
I think in the tips section there is a how to for setting up a Floyd too.
If it is really dirty around the frets use a tooth brush to clean them.
gave him the link for the floyd.. other useful tips there too..