Shred Guitars  

Go Back   Shred Guitars > Other cool guitars & misc important things... > Other guitars

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Grand Wizard - Brotherhood Of The Holy Headstock

Favorite Axe: Floyd Rose Arrow & Seattle
Favorite Strings: D'Addario 11's
My Photos: (35)
My Mood:

I'm not to sure what to think about that long trem recess, Jon. I had some brochures that said all Discovery OT guitars were going to be made out of basswood...but after seeing the neck pocket, I'm sure this body is poplar. I forgot to mention the tuners are Ping, and there is no trem stop in the spring cavity.

As you can see there is a lot of contouring going on everywhere, but heavy amounts in the neck fit area both on top and on the back. It feels nothing like the USA Seattle. (BTW the neck pocket fit is tighter than a frogs asshole).

As far as price goes, I don't want to destroy the used Floyd Rose market so let me just say I paid more for a Gator case than I did for the guitar.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:43 PM
NFG

Favorite Axe: PRS CUSTOM 22
Favorite Strings: Whatever is cheap
My Photos: (0)
My Mood:

Interesting. That is a rare one for sure.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Don't monkey with me....

Favorite Axe: Kramer - JonSwans and StageMasters
Favorite Strings: DRs pure blues 10's
My Photos: (41)
My Mood:
Talking

It is a bastard child.... The penny pincher's will dream up most anything. They over looked the Speedloader route though...I'll bet if you dropped one in there it would fit perfect.

Obviously they weren't a success or there would be more - kinda like that odd ball one I picked up back when.
At that price I'd have grabbed it too just cause. Good work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That was a joke son! A joke!" Foghorn Leghorn
Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
NFG

My Mood:

Is this the same Seattle Discovery Series guitar? It was also in Ohio?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Floyd-Rose-D...p2047675.l2557
Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Don't monkey with me....

Favorite Axe: Kramer - JonSwans and StageMasters
Favorite Strings: DRs pure blues 10's
My Photos: (41)
My Mood:
Talking

Attention!! Attention!! Mr Grand Wizard we need an update on the FR Arrows. Facebook isn't enough your loyal followers want more...
Got any coolade Mr Johnson?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That was a joke son! A joke!" Foghorn Leghorn
Old 04-14-2013, 01:09 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfojon View Post
Attention!! Attention!! Mr Grand Wizard we need an update on the FR Arrows. Facebook isn't enough your loyal followers want more...
Got any coolade Mr Johnson?
Well sir I only have a little bit of newer information, as 2013 has truly been filled with ass hat owners on the V24 front.

I have 22 Arrows in the database right now, with 4 being prototypes or pre-production units. The highest serial V24 is 84 (which is my Custom model). I've had no new additions to the Seattle roster this year, so it still looks like they were a run of only 21 total (starting with serial 20, and ending with serial 40). If you do your math real quick it appears there are (at this point) 63 total production V24 Arrows.

I am so effen tired of trying to deal with smart ass V24 owners! They know just enough about their guitars to think: (A) it's worth a million bucks, (B) it was made by god, and (C) I am some sort of scam artist who is going to use their serial number to turn out Chinese copies of V24's! Every time I've contacted these guys I've given them MY V24 serial numbers, MY phone number, MY email addy, and they still act like an effen Gibson cork sniffer! This attitude seems to be worst in the Seattle region, where the Floyd Rose factory was located. I'm 0-6 this year with these dunderheads after thinking I'd opened up a treasure chest of new owners. ***sigh***

ON A (I think) POSITIVE NOTE:
I have finally given up on having a dedicated V24 Arrow website (The Holy Headstock). Floyd Rose's attorneys just would not leave me alone...SO...instead I started a Floyd Rose V24 Arrow page on Facebook!! (public domain, baby!)It is still in it's infancy, but there is some cool pics and a lot of documents will follow. Be a Shred bro and go "like" the page as anything under 30 likes gets me zero features to use, and that SUX!
The page is located at: http://facebook.com/FloydRoseV24Arrow

Q-Ball fucked with this message on : 04-17-2013 at 12:07 PM Reason: because I can
Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 PM

My Mood:

WOW...this is a tough crowd!

Four weeks after I made the last post and I STILL don't have a single Facebook 'like' Except that is for Wfojon who gave me a pitty like just minutes after I made the FB page.

Am I complaining...hell yes, but more importantly I think someone needs to put a fork in Shred Guitars coz I think it's done.

Say it ain't so!

Q-Ball fucked with this message on : 05-10-2013 at 10:52 PM Reason: just keeping a running week count...
Old 08-20-2014, 03:15 PM
NFG

My Mood:

Just noticed this on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Floyd-R...item35db2c672d
Old 08-20-2014, 04:34 PM
NFG

Favorite Axe: Floyd Rose, Roscoe, Kramer
Favorite Strings: .009's or .010's
Default Floyd Rose Seattle

Yeah, that one is just like the one I bought off ebay a couple of years ago! Unfortunately I paid more! If it were a different color I would have already bought it! Cool guitars, unlike anything else Floyd made.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:42 PM
NFG

My Mood:

Love mine. Thankfully I bough about a dozen string sets on ebay soon after. Since floyd rose hasn't found a new manufacturer getting strings can be a pain and expensive.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:54 PM
NFG

Default Floyd Rose Seattle

I just checked the Floyd Rose website, he is currently working on making new speedloader strings inhouse, they should be ready by late August or early September. Keep your fingers crossed, no more paying high prices on ebay!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:48 AM
NFG

My Mood:

Where did you see that? Last I check their website it said they are working with a new manufacturer and some strings were tested at NAMM 2014 but their tolerance was not up to spec. No new word on wheter that got resolved.

http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/ext...75-short-scale
Old 08-21-2014, 03:29 PM
NFG

Default Speedloader strings

Here is a link to the page on the Floyd Rose website
ahttp://www.floydrose.com/news/speedloader-update-august-2014

It's on the main page of the website, lower left corner under latest news.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:30 AM

My Mood:

FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE!

http://www.floydrose.com/news/speedloader-update-october-2014

No, the used market for FR guitars hasn't gone up and the Blue Book Of Electric Guitars STILL hasn't included the Arrow or Seattle in it's listings, but this news is a start. At least there are strings available (for now) so our guitars aren't just useless chunks of wood.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:17 PM

My Mood:

I thought I'd pass along a few pics of another one of Floyd D. Rose's guitars that never made it to production (that we know of). I found this on Ebay...It is significant because it is the first example of yet another bridge Floyd designed using the Speedloader System. I had found references to it in some intercompany documents for FR dealers, but never a working example till now. It's called the Snapshot Speedloader (it joins the Tremolo, Fixed, and Convergent Tuning bridges). This was to be used only on the "Outlaw Series" guitars which were essentially a Richie Sambora signature guitar (hence the name Outlaw...zzzzz).

If you look the guitar up on Ebay, believe about 20% of the bullshit the seller is slinging...This was a Floyd Rose design from the beginning that LTD cribbed in its entirety after Floyd Rose Guitars went under and Sambora wanted the ego boost.