Shred Guitars  

Go Back   Shred Guitars > Other cool guitars & misc important things... > Guitar Tech

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Your friendly neighborhood admin

Favorite Axe: Jackson King V
Favorite Strings: GHS
My Photos: (31)
My Mood:
Default Wiring help?

Hey guys I bought a Steinberger Spirit (H-S-S pickup config with a 5-way selector switch, tone, volume) and yanked the stock bridge pickup (it was a Steinberger brand??? weird) to replace with a Duncan Distortion. Problem is the wiring seems odd to me. The default pickup had a bare (ground?) wire and a white one. Both are connected to the 5-way. Ground was soldered to the base of the switch, and the white wire is connected to one of the connectors on the bottom of the switch. What do they call those again? Lugs?

Anyway, I wanna wire in a Duncan Distortion, which, as you know has way more colored wires. Can anyone assist? Thanks sooo much in advance!

Here's a crappy pic of it. I just left it all soldered in there (since its such a tight fit) and cut the wire a bit above the cavity so I can just tie the Duncan onto it as-is. Here's a quick rundown:

A - This is where I'm going to tie the Duncan in. The other end is soldered to the switch (which you can SORT OF SEE where the "C" is)
B - This is where the bare wire is soldered to the base of the switch
C - This is a jumper wire type thing which connects the white wire to the lug. Make sense? I didn't think so haaha
Old 02-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Shred Guitars Endorsed Guitar Painting God

Favorite Axe: Kick ass King V's
Favorite Strings: Fender Bullets
My Photos: (1)
My Mood:

on the Duncan the Red/Wht are soldered together and taped off. The Green & Bare Wire are solder to that bare on you jumper. Solder the BLk from the Duncan to the White wire jumper and your in Buisness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vinnie

Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Your friendly neighborhood admin

Favorite Axe: Jackson King V
Favorite Strings: GHS
My Photos: (31)
My Mood:

Worked like a charm! Thanks V!!!

Now I need to grab some hot rails and figure out how to get them wired in