Shred Guitars  

Go Back   Shred Guitars > Other cool guitars & misc important things... > Other guitars

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 AM
NFG

Favorite Axe: esp
My Photos: (0)
Default non floating trem guitar with extra jumbo frets?

I strongly dislike floating trems, and am looking for something that will stay in tune after multiple extreme divebombs etc. So I was thinking a floyd that is un routed and non floating might be the answer. My favorite hard tail guitars are my ESP Ec-1000 and H-1001 for their extra jumbo frets which I believe are dunlop 6100.

So Ideally I am looking for something that has that size frets with an unrouted non floating floyd and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

I know that the Wolfgang guitars are non floating but have "vintage" (small) frets. I have been looking at the 80's kramer focus guitars on ebay which seem to be unrouted with the original floyd but I don't know the fret size and they seem low end.

I know that it's possible to block off the upward motion on a floater but if it came unrouted I think that might be better for more sustain and less work to set up. Any recomendations would be welcome. thank you.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Certified Fucking Rock Star

Favorite Axe: ibanez
Favorite Strings: elixers
My Photos: (0)
My Mood:

hmmm... a floating trem with tuning issues?.. that's still a problem these days?.. all my guitars have floating trems and stay in perfect tune everytime.. if you want tho, you can check out an Ibanez with a zr2 trem on it.. it's floating but has a "zero point" return and instead of knife edges, it has ball bearings it hinges on..
Old 06-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Don't monkey with me....

Favorite Axe: Kramer - JonSwans and StageMasters
Favorite Strings: DRs pure blues 10's
My Photos: (41)
My Mood:

Most Kramers have medium jumbo frets. If the guitar is a bolt on neck you can shim the neck to get the trem to lay flat but like Daffy says it shouldn't go out of tune floating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That was a joke son! A joke!" Foghorn Leghorn