Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Shredding Is My Business... And Business Is Good

Favorite Axe: Lefty Warlock
Favorite Strings: 9's
My Photos: (0)
My Mood:
Default Rare Lefty NGD!

Just opened it up, let it warm up (shipped from Cali, cold as hell here in NY) and finally got the tuning stable.

Ok, first impression....WOW. The guitar feels much more solid than the S370L and the stock hardware is a clear upgrade (original edge trem, Japanese tuners, IBZ/USA pickups). I'm loving the beehive knobs (metal with little rubber rings around for traction) and the guitar just sounds amazing. I think I need to raise the single coils, though, as there is a substantial drop off in volume (more so on the clean setting).

The neck is much different as well. It is thinner and narrower than the neck on the S370L. I don't mind the larger width at all, but the thinner neck profile feels like home to me since I've been playing Wizards my whole life.

As for condition, the guitar is in VERY good shape for its age. There is a tiny nick on the lower horn and some light scratches on the back side of the guitar. The tremelo cavity cover is missing (don't care) and for some reason there are 4 springs attached. Whenever I get around to swapping strings (feels like 10's on there, but they are brand new) I will likely ditch 1-2 springs. The paint has a nice metal flake in it and I really couldn't be happier.

I contacted Rich at IbanezRules and he didn't know how many were made in lefty, all he could say was that "not many" were made. I've never seen one and I look just about every day. I think I might have stumbled upon something special!

Now for the pron. My camera can't seem to capture the color correctly, sigh. Sorry!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The BEST place on the net for the left-handed guitarist!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:47 PM
MesaMan

Favorite Axe: Ibanez JS1000, Gibby Les Paul
Favorite Strings: D'Addario XL 9-42
My Mood:

Now that's a classic. Sweet axe dude.

I always liked the IBZ USA p'ups. My old RG750 sounded great with em.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Certified Fucking Rock Star

Favorite Axe: ibanez
Favorite Strings: elixers
My Mood:

woo hoo!.. ibanez!.. excellent guitfiddles you got there..