Go Back   Shred Guitars > Welcome > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Shredding Is My Business... And Business Is Good

Favorite Axe: Kramer
Favorite Strings: GHS TNT's
My Photos: (3)
Default Check this crap out

Hope this isn't a rule breaker but check this thread out thats over on the Kramer forum. This thread is going to piss Bob off. It did me. I'm not big on banning people, but I think this guy should get the axe just for suggesting this crap. Unless I'm just being a hot head and mis-reading it.
http://www.kramerforum.com/forum/sho...d=1#post214851
Old 12-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Cyborguitarist™

Favorite Axe: Kramer PCM-II's
Favorite Strings: D'Adario XL 120's
My Photos: (2)
My Mood:

One of them is a guy that tried to sell a deluxe with a gouged neck for 600 bones. I could give a shit what people do to their own stuff, but if they want to sell it and bill it as real, then hang the fuck on.

There's no "Team" in FUCK YOU!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:24 PM

I know man. I think it takes a lot of freakin gall to go to the Kramer forum and suggest faking shit. I know it happens, but to suggest the whole freaking community get behind it? I think if admins don't ban the guy I'm going to hound the hell out of them or re think my membership.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:27 PM

Now one of the freaking ADMINS is showing off his nanna head with a Charvel logo on it. Should I start flaming this guy?
Old 12-23-2007, 07:49 PM

For the Bro's here that have been banned and blocked from the Kramer Forum, this is what was posted:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kramer
Hey, I want one, too! I guess we are competing!

Guys, let us get serious. Can we maybe buy nice Warmoth necks (or equiv.) and put Kramer logos on them...

I do think it is a major buzz to own an older, hard to get guitar (I have a Nightswan culled from the strangest of sources)...

But I hate to watch us blow out our savings for a Holy Grail type of pursuit, when it is actually an average, or slightly above, Strat neck ---just hard to get with that logo on it.

Tell ya what, if all of us on the Forum agreed on a reasonable substitute, we would gather the interest of the supplier and strike fear in the hearts of the Ebayers who think we are going to slam down $700 minimum for a beat-to-death Pacer which happens to have a Strat headstock.

Who on this page wants to hook us up with good necks with Kramer logos.....

And this is how one of the freaking ADMINS responded to it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kramer

Guys, let us get serious. Can we maybe buy nice Warmoth necks (or equiv.) and put Kramer logos on them...
Here's one that would make the JCF guys cringe.

A Warmoth nana head with a Charvel logo on it. It's now mounted on an 83 San Dimas body.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:04 PM
ShredGuitars Mix-it Man

Favorite Axe: 83 Maple Pacer Special
Favorite Strings: XL.009
My Photos: (0)
My Mood:

To serve and protect the legacy of Kramer Guitars...... amen

I wonder what this dude is going to think after he finds a guy to computer route and shape the neck, use the proper side marker material, charge him 300 bucks minimum if he gets 3 dozen, and then try to find the proper tuners and a way to hide the truss nut that will not match the obsolete one he seems to be suggesting that the forum counterfeit.

Looks like an open call for the forum to order up some fakes to me, for the very reason to reproduce an original axe that the dude doesn't want to pull his paycheck out and buy for a reasonable price.

RockStringBender fucked with this message on : 12-23-2007 at 08:18 PM Reason: Pulled the BS out. This is Shred, doesn't need to be here :)
Old 12-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Shred Guitars Endorsed Guitar Painting God

Favorite Axe: Kick ass King V's
Favorite Strings: Fender Bullets
My Photos: (1)
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgolf View Post
Now one of the freaking ADMINS is showing off his nanna head with a Charvel logo on it. Should I start flaming this guy?
No!! Cause that is his Guitar!! I have done the same with my own!! thier is nothing wrong with relogo-ing . Everyone does it!! It is different when you do it for your self.it just showing what the Name of the Guitar is or represents.

I think when you cross the line is when someone does it for production and sell it as a original! that is not the case for Pat or Me.

2nd, that is their House not ours!! keep it over their

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vinnie

Old 12-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Cyborguitarist™

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ......

Tell ya what, if all of us on the Forum agreed on a reasonable substitute, we would gather the interest of the supplier and strike fear in the hearts of the Ebayers who think we are going to slam down $700 minimum for a beat-to-death Pacer which happens to have a Strat headstock.

Who on this page wants to hook us up with good necks with Kramer logos.....

Not only no, but HELL no!

Why bastardize the value and collectibility of a classic guitar by cranking out fakes? I know you were just joking, that's why I'm going to go ahead and say that was a stupid idea.

People here work hard to be able to afford authentic instruments and to even insinuate taking the easy path is a slap in the face. Hell, I'd rather have a mutt Kramer than a good quality fake any day of the week; at least I and most of the people here know it's an honest mutt...

Old 12-23-2007, 08:26 PM
ShredGuitars Mix-it Man

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V King View Post

Probably a very wise piece of advise brothers
Old 12-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V King View Post
No!! Cause that is his Guitar!! I have done the same with my own!! thier is nothing wrong with relogo-ing . Everyone does it!! It is different when you do it for your self.it just showing what the Name of the Guitar is or represents.

I think when you cross the line is when someone does it for production and sell it as a original! that is not the case for Pat or Me.

I'm not talking about flaming him for his nana head with the Charvie decal. i'm talking about being an admin and not jumping this guys ass. And when it comes to Kramers, keeping quiet about bullshit like that is why you run a 50/50 chance of buyin a mutt with every one you purchase!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:30 PM

And i didn't flame anyone too bad. And thanks to the bros that jumped in with me. Here's my post.
I was going to try to let this go, but the fact that an Admin replied to this guy and didn't scold this dude really chaps my ass.

I thought this place was dedicated to " preserving the heritage of Kramer Musical Instruments"? Is thids how we do it? by suggesting that we insult the Kramer legacy and long term owners of these instruments. As well as destroy the collectible status and the resale value of vintage guitars? just so we can save a few bucks?

Just a strat neck my ass. Even if you found someone to do an exact copy of one, what about the other seven that they made.

I think strat heads and beaks are ugly and feel like ball bats. But the entire idea is disgusting. I know forgeries happen. And I'm thankful for good water slides for my restos. But it takes a lot of freakin gall to come to this forum and suggest we forge classic necks on a large scale just to save a few bucks.

Complete bullshit to allow that post to stay admins.

Thanks for the edumacation Bob!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:41 PM
ShredGuitars Mix-it Man

My Mood:

I need someone to run me a mold of a 69 vette. I have an old jeep, and I was thinkin, "why in the f should I pay 5-6 grand for one of these old bitches when i could just slip a shell on my jeep/" Dem fooks on dBay ain't gonna fook me outta my classic car money

I like/respect the passion my brothers. Let's let em fix it or not over there and go see what trev has posted lately to assault our senses
Old 12-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Shred Guitars Endorsed Guitar Painting God

Favorite Axe: Kick ass King V's
Favorite Strings: Fender Bullets
My Photos: (1)
My Mood:

+2Good shit Bob !!

Vinnie

Old 12-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Cyborguitarist™

My Mood:

That was kinda some bullshit to close that one. WTF message does that send?

Old 12-23-2007, 09:14 PM
AKA: Ed Roman Jr.

Favorite Axe: Charvel/Jackson, Edwards
Favorite Strings: D'Addario/9-42
My Mood:

lol, Me and Joelski were talking about it....

a wierd situation....

NEVER SELL A GUITAR YOU PUT THE LOGO ON AS AN ORIGINAL!

when I make a strat-head parts guitar, I'm gonna sharpie some random bullshit on the HS