Go Back   Shred Guitars > ESP Guitars > LTD guitars

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 09:34 AM
NFG

Favorite Axe: Jackson Dinky or LTD EC series
Favorite Strings: ernie ball hybrid slinky's, ernie ball regular slinky's
My Photos: (0)
Default Questions about my 2002 LTD EC-100

So I just added a new guitar to my collection the other day it's a 2002 metallic black cherry LTD EC-100... it's a beautiful guitar, and it sounds great ta boot. Now this model of EC-100 has Duncan designed pick-ups... I had read somewhere that they were supposed to be a JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck, is this true? any help to a new member would be awesome lol
Old 10-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Grand Wizard - Brotherhood Of The Holy Headstock

Favorite Axe: Floyd Rose Arrow & Seattle
Favorite Strings: D'Addario 11's
My Photos: (35)
My Mood:

The Duncan Designed & Duncan Performer pickups are identical and are made in Korea. I had heard at one time that the HB-103b was supposed to be like an SH-6 Distortion, and the HB-102b was a copy of the SH-4 JB. Unfortunately none of the pickup specs match (or come close) to the U.S. made versions. So whoever started that urban legend must of worked for SD ...figure that out.

BTW...WELCOME to Shredom!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:48 AM
NFG

Favorite Axe: Jackson Dinky or LTD EC series
Favorite Strings: ernie ball hybrid slinky's, ernie ball regular slinky's
My Photos: (0)

Thanks for the info... I'm not all that upset about the pup's lol... they sound really good... I still like the Jackson's pup's better for metal... but the LTD plays like a dream, and has a really Zeppelin brown bomber sound. deffinately not regretting the buy. The one thing I have really noticed between my main 2 axes is that the jackson has a much more comfortable neck (the compound radius FB), but the LTD has a really thin neck with a nice and comfortable U shape.