Shred Guitars  

Go Back   Shred Guitars > Kramer Guitars > Kramer imports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 11:32 AM
No thread too dead

Favorite Axe: ESP MII & MIII, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson Explorer
Favorite Strings: Ernie Ball 10s
My Photos: (0)
My Mood:

Oh yeah the Maverick was the NightSwan body!

No the maple wasn't mine I used to have the white one that was it
Old 08-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I have long hair, a BMW, and I can BAN YOUR ASS now! PayPal payments accepted

Favorite Axe: ESP
My Mood:

Even reissuing the Nightswan and ProAxe wouldn't help. Same as the other reissues. Who is buying them? The Kramer enthusiasts who want to relive their youth and buy a "new" Kramer. Are the US reissues good guitars? Yeah, I'm sure. But the basic problem is they are only able to sell a small amount of the guitars to the same group of customers. They do nothing to entice any new buyers into their market. I've been saying it for years, and it's damn well about time all the Kramer/Gibson fanboys finally give me my much deserved collective "YOU WERE RIGHT".

I totally agree with David. Let Charvel/Jackson and ESP have their market. Kramer is offering NOTHING to even take a nick out of that...
Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Your friendly neighborhood admin

Favorite Axe: Jackson King V
Favorite Strings: GHS
My Photos: (31)
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2731 View Post
Even reissuing the Nightswan and ProAxe wouldn't help. Same as the other reissues. Who is buying them? The Kramer enthusiasts who want to relive their youth and buy a "new" Kramer. Are the US reissues good guitars? Yeah, I'm sure. But the basic problem is they are only able to sell a small amount of the guitars to the same group of customers. They do nothing to entice any new buyers into their market. I've been saying it for years, and it's damn well about time all the Kramer/Gibson fanboys finally give me my much deserved collective "YOU WERE RIGHT".

I totally agree with David. Let Charvel/Jackson and ESP have their market. Kramer is offering NOTHING to even take a nick out of that...
I'm not a Fanboy, BUT... YOU WERE RIGHT BRO! There. Feel better?

I agree with you 99% dude. The 1% that doesn't agree with you firmly believes that if they would reissue the PROAXE they might stand a chance. This is my reasoning behind it: Kramer (modern Kramer that is) needs something relevant. By modern standards. For modern players. Guitar collectors and the people who sit on KF going "KRAMER IS COMING BACK THIS YEAR!!" are not going to cut it as far as consumer base is concerned. And in reality, how many of the vintage fans are actually buying the new stuff. Sure there are people buying them, but not on the scale that Kramer needs to succeed. In my opinion, the Proaxe is the most modern guitar Kramer offered in it's heyday. Even ahead of it's time perhaps. They were insanely nice, AND would fit in perfectly hanging next to the Jackson, ESP, and Ibanez guitars at GC. Why? Because they aren't some vintage wannabe that caters to an audience of twenty five 40-50 year old men holding onto the dream that Kramer will be reborn in the glory it once held.

Don't get me wrong, guys. Im not a hater by any means. I LOVE vintage Kramers. Love them. Period. But Gibson isn't it. Never will be, UNLESS they can prove they can build a modern, relevant machine. Period. And I think in terms of the old stuff, the Proaxe is it. Am I completely insane? It's possible I guess, but I make sense to myself LOL

If they don't bring back the Proaxe they could build a NEW model thats MODERN. Fuck the reissues in that case. Build a NEW model. Kramer staff, take a look at whats selling TODAY. Not 25 years ago. The kids buying those guitars brand new back then are now middle aged, have kids and wives (or child support and alimony), and are therefore more interested in getting a guitar from eBay for just as cheap as they can... rather than buying new. Time to aim for the younger audience if you wanna be a playa
Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 AM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaw View Post
I'm not a Fanboy, BUT... YOU WERE RIGHT BRO! There. Feel better?

I agree with you 99% dude. The 1% that doesn't agree with you firmly believes that if they would reissue the PROAXE they might stand a chance. This is my reasoning behind it: Kramer (modern Kramer that is) needs something relevant. By modern standards. For modern players. Guitar collectors and the people who sit on KF going "KRAMER IS COMING BACK THIS YEAR!!" are not going to cut it as far as consumer base is concerned. And in reality, how many of the vintage fans are actually buying the new stuff. Sure there are people buying them, but not on the scale that Kramer needs to succeed. In my opinion, the Proaxe is the most modern guitar Kramer offered in it's heyday. Even ahead of it's time perhaps. They were insanely nice, AND would fit in perfectly hanging next to the Jackson, ESP, and Ibanez guitars at GC. Why? Because they aren't some vintage wannabe that caters to an audience of twenty five 40-50 year old men holding onto the dream that Kramer will be reborn in the glory it once held.

Don't get me wrong, guys. Im not a hater by any means. I LOVE vintage Kramers. Love them. Period. But Gibson isn't it. Never will be, UNLESS they can prove they can build a modern, relevant machine. Period. And I think in terms of the old stuff, the Proaxe is it. Am I completely insane? It's possible I guess, but I make sense to myself LOL

If they don't bring back the Proaxe they could build a NEW model thats MODERN. Fuck the reissues in that case. Build a NEW model. Kramer staff, take a look at whats selling TODAY. Not 25 years ago. The kids buying those guitars brand new back then are now middle aged, have kids and wives (or child support and alimony), and are therefore more interested in getting a guitar from eBay for just as cheap as they can... rather than buying new. Time to aim for the younger audience if you wanna be a playa
While I agree with your 1% about the ProAxe being the most modern guitar and the best choice, especially if they offered the option of EMG's (like them or not, they are standard equipment for a lot of people that buy these guitars), the main problem would still be marketing. No matter how good the guitar is, or how modern it is, it still has to be successfully marketed to the right crowd. Like it or not, it's a STEEP hill to climb to overcome the Kramer name in and of itself. There is a sizable group of the market that know that name as "their Dad's guitar", or "those cheesy pink and neon colored guitars those cheesy hair metal bands used". ESP and Jackson fortunately have a lineage that took them away from that era unscathed. Kramer doesn't have that, and no matter how nice a guitar may be, that's going to be tough to overcome.

And MOST of all, when has Gibson EVER....EVER...been able to successfully market a shredder????????????
Old 08-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Tinkerdude

Favorite Strings: Dean Markley NBs 10-52
My Photos: (30)

Gipsun will not EVER market the Kramer brand correctly.
They are too busy overmarketing their namesake brand.
That's where the money is, like it or not.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Certified Fucking Rock Star

My Photos: (38)

Quote:
I totally agree with David.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:02 AM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post

I'm not sure if that's worse for you or me bro!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Your friendly neighborhood admin

Favorite Axe: Jackson King V
Favorite Strings: GHS
My Photos: (31)
My Mood:

Quote:
And MOST of all, when has Gibson EVER....EVER...been able to successfully market a shredder????????????
Very VERY true, my friend. RIP Kramer
Old 06-26-2010, 06:42 PM
String Slingin' Shredaholic

I think Kramer / Gibson should re-issue some of the old the guitars with a modern flair on them, like possibly EMG's, Original Floyd's, and possibly a 7 or 8 string model, etc. I personally am not a fan of EMG's or 7 or 8 string guitars, but most modern metal heads are. If they want to survive, they are going to have to appeal to modern metal heads as well as classic rockers. That's just my take on the whole issue.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Cyborguitarist™

Favorite Axe: Kramer PCM-II's
Favorite Strings: D'Adario XL 120's
My Photos: (2)
My Mood:

The best thing that could ever happen to the kramer brand is if Gary Kramer and Paul Unkert got together and took it back. As long as Gibson owns the brand, they'll be a backseat, overseas only, entry level product.

To the poster above: Welcome to Shred. First of all, Original Floyds would not be a "modern flair" as Kramer was the first production guitar to offer them years and years ago when they were real Kramers. Second; EMG's are yesterday. Blackouts will rock your face. Try some and you'll be hooked. 7 strings are okay, but 8 strings are way ghey. The 7's have a place in shred, but anything more "stringy" is gonna be a fad; it's no longer a GUITAR. It's a sideways harp!

There's no "Team" in FUCK YOU!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Certified Fucking Rock Star

Favorite Axe: Kramer PCII
Favorite Strings: D'addario- 9's in E, 10's in D

Man, this thread.
So sad that kramer is now associated more with guitar hero controllers and
100 dollar starter guitars than mighty tools of shred.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:31 PM
got Swan

Favorite Axe: Kramer Nightswan
Favorite Strings: 9
My Photos: (25)
My Mood:

If you want a really nice 2010 Kramer get one of these:

I won this on the other board and let me tell you it plays awesome. It has all the "vintage" vibe of the 80's Kramers, pointy headstock, shark tooth inlays, and the neck is just incredible. If you have not looked at the new GKG guitars do yourself a favor and check them out.

John
Old 06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
String Slingin' Shredaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerMedic View Post
To the poster above: Welcome to Shred.
Thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerMedic View Post
Second; EMG's are yesterday. Blackouts will rock your face. Try some and you'll be hooked.
I'm sure they're great, but I'm still not sold on the whole active and battery thing, other than that I would definitively look into them more. If I ever did go the active route, which I'll try eventually, I'd probably get the Dave Mustaine Live Wires.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Cyborguitarist™

Favorite Axe: Kramer PCM-II's
Favorite Strings: D'Adario XL 120's
My Photos: (2)
My Mood:
Default Re: Seymour Duncan Blackouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4cFoxx View Post
I'm sure they're great, but I'm still not sold on the whole active and battery thing, other than that I would definitively look into them more. If I ever did go the active route, which I'll try eventually, I'd probably get the Dave Mustaine Live Wires.
You'll find that the Mustaines sound like a boosted JB/JN combo, which is what they essentially are. The cool factor of Blackouts is the daynamic range, the clean gain and their ability to still let the guitar's wood say a small piece in the making of the overall tone. There's a couple guys here that broke down and tried them, and swear by 'em now. Also, the blackouts can do, with a single 9v battery, what takes 2 9v's on a set of EMG's! Check out the Mick Thompson Ibby for a clear look at the difference those pickups make.

There's no "Team" in FUCK YOU!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Shredding Is My Business... And Business Is Good

Favorite Axe: Kramer
Favorite Strings: Daddario 8's
My Photos: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainClaw View Post
Very VERY true, my friend. RIP Kramer
That kinda hurts. I live the Pacer classic. It's NOT a reissue. In the price range it is WAY better than anything it compares to. I have 4 and they are all I use on stage. I've opened for L A Guns with them, Firehouse, and played 17 with Kip on vocals. Takes serious abuse and sounds great.

I agree that they need to be current. So do they. They know that they must build guitars for current metal lovers. They can't be a "re-issue" company and they aren't. They are making Pacer classics for guys like me and Assaults for guys that like current metal. Other models as well.

I'm proud to play them. I show mine to everyone. It's an amazing axe. I bought these pacers and have not picked up an Ibanez or an ESP/LTD since. No need to.

Eric

please forward hate mail to.........
lol