Go Back   Shred Guitars > ESP Guitars > LTD guitars

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Shredding Is My Business... And Business Is Good

Favorite Axe: Ibanez RGXXX
Favorite Strings: 9
My Photos: (0)
Default questions about ltd and esp

ive never had to play one (except for an old esp M-II at a local shop) and i was just wondering about these LTDs...i know there were a lot of esp models a few years ago...but now all i see its LTD up to the $1000 price range....

ive had my eyes on the LTD MH-103 recently...looks beautiful and i hear good things about it...but i dont know where these are made..i hear some are from indo, some are from korea and some are from china...i dont want a china guitar because chinese frets are BAAADDDDD uneven,...yucky!!! i want some good even low frets!!!

Across the seas through sands of time
Knight of the Templar...
A charging steed through lands unkind
A legend forever....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Cyborguitarist™

Favorite Axe: Kramer PCM-II's
Favorite Strings: D'Adario XL 120's
My Photos: (2)
My Mood:

The high-end LTD's are not much different from production ESP's anymore. Regardless of where they are made, a CNC machine does the same job given decent wood. Older ESP's are pretty much one and the same as Kramers (everybody knows that story). Same build quality, etc... ESP proliferated after Kramer's demise due to simply keeping the production numbers up. Same guitar with a few tweaks becomes twice as many of just the one brand. You can still find deals on older ESP's though, if you don't find the Kramers to your liking, you'll likely have the same issues with the Mavericks and Mirages.

As for the H series, the number always designates a higher quality axe with LTD. the MH 400 being a budget line and the MH 1000 being quite drool-worthy.

There's no "Team" in FUCK YOU!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 AM
I have long hair, a BMW, and I can BAN YOUR ASS now! PayPal payments accepted

Favorite Axe: ESP
My Mood:

Actually, anything in the 400 lines are the beginning of the quality LTD's. The 500 and 1000 lines are all bells and whistles. Binding, fancy inlays and finishes. The 400's start the quality hardware and pickups. Anything less than the 400 and you're looking at cheaper guitars with inferior hardware and pickups.

The LTD's are all still made in Korea I believe. They can be very nice, although the Japanese made ESP's are still better, IMO. There is attention to detail just not quite present in the LTD lines, from my experience. Really though, when you look at even the cheaper lines, and compare those guitars to what that money would have bought you 20 years ago, and it's UNREAL how much better everything has gotten!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Shredding Is My Business... And Business Is Good

Favorite Axe: Ibanez RGXXX
Favorite Strings: 9

i dunno, nothing around the 400 appeals to me

i really really liked to look of the mh-103 because of the color and maple fretboard...but everything else i see is black on black

ples the mh-103 is half the price, i can always up grade the trem and pick ups with the money id save

Across the seas through sands of time
Knight of the Templar...
A charging steed through lands unkind
A legend forever....

Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 PM
NFG

This one is made in Indonesia.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Shredder in Training

Favorite Axe: Kramer
Favorite Strings: Dunlop lights .09s

avoid the 100/200/300/400 series and go for the 1000 series--the lower ones are usually made in Inodnesia [which are actually good] and China
*Taylor 114 CE
*Blackstar HT40
*Blackstar HTV112
*Fender Mustang I
*Furman Pedal Board with Korg, ISP, Bogner,Boss,
Dunlop, Digitech+ BBE Pedals to Furman
PedalBoard
*Monster Cables, Dunlop Strings, EB M-Steel Strings, EB Cobalt Strings