Go Back   Shred Guitars > Kramer Guitars > Kramer imports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Don't monkey with me....

Favorite Axe: Kramer - JonSwans and StageMasters
Favorite Strings: DRs pure blues 10's
My Photos: (41)
My Mood:

Really, not many guys on these forums buy a new guitar, mostly they are picking up cheaper used gear. Sure we bitch and whine but probably because we wouldn't/couldn't buy a new guitar so it makes us feel better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That was a joke son! A joke!" Foghorn Leghorn
Old 10-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Hand over that Maple neck slowly and nobody will get hurt...

Favorite Axe: Robin Medley
Favorite Strings: Ernie Ball Slinky 9's
My Photos: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post
I'm just saying that I've never seen more of a bunch of whiny babies than on guitar forums. "that's too much for an over seas guitar".

They gave you a 100% American made pacer (among other models). Then everyone bitched about the price. So they move the operation over seas to save the cost. Now no one wants to buy a guitar from over seas. American labor is expensive folks! PERIOD.

I'm telling you that I know these guys personally. These guys EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE, and BLEED Fucking Kramer so don't you DARE say that they are purposely trying to run the name into the ground. As much as it pains me to say this folks the 80's are gone. They are making guitars for Today's generation while still trying to maintain the interest of we older guys. Endorsement or not I give them props for making some truly great guitars.

You're bitching about a guitar that you haven't even played yet!

You're like 8 year olds.
Wow Eric, here I thought you would have a little more class than that. Seriously its just some guys OPINIONS here. There are many over at the Kramer Guitar Forum that feel the same way. Do you not go to that forum either then ? Stop taking things so personally. Geez!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:20 PM
AKA: Ed Roman Jr.

Favorite Axe: Charvel/Jackson, Edwards
Favorite Strings: D'Addario/9-42
My Mood:

meh, they're just Kramers

IMHO, the originals were mediocre, the new ones I've seen and played have been mediocre.

They have that stereotypical "Ibanez - snap in 2 in my hands" feel.

But this isn't about that.

This is about Gibson/Kramer dropping the ball as far as getting their product out in a timely fashion, and putting their products at realistic Price points.

ESP/LTD have had no problem putting incredible features on their guitars for dirt cheap prices, Charvel and BC Rich are doing the same thing, Jackson of course has been putting out quality products for years as well as Ibanez.
where does Kramer fit? realistically, they don't. They fill no niche or market space that isn't already covered by atleast 3 brands.

I wouldn't play those guitars if they paid me, I wouldn't wanna put my name on such a product.

Hell, atleast Leo at Gary Kramer Guitars has some relatively inventive ideas for production guitars.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Just one of the banned

Favorite Axe: Kramer American
Favorite Strings: GHS Progressives 9/10
My Photos: (19)

Eric has some good points as well as others. I find it humorous to think that people state they wouldn't pay so much money for a guitar made in Korea.....the original "American" Kramers were not made in America either.

What seperates all these guitars? Not much other than looks. The materials are the same, specs are very close as far as hardware etc. So it really comes down to personal taste.

Quite frankly, I think I have more inovative ideas than the Kramer guys, or that Leo guy. However, that is just my opinion.

I would like to see all the guitar makers come back and start making everything in the USA! Hell, what stop there......let's put America to work, by actually making things in the USA again!

Dale
Old 10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Hand over that Maple neck slowly and nobody will get hurt...

Favorite Axe: Robin Medley
Favorite Strings: Ernie Ball Slinky 9's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeme View Post
I would like to see all the guitar makers come back and start making everything in the USA! Hell, what stop there......let's put America to work, by actually making things in the USA again!

Dale
Exactly!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Shredder in Training

Favorite Axe: Kramer
Favorite Strings: Dunlop lights .09s

the Gary Kramer production models are Made in Korea, as opposed to his custom shop USA models---I heard they're pretty damn good
*Taylor 114 CE
*Blackstar HT40
*Blackstar HTV112
*Fender Mustang I
*Furman Pedal Board with Korg, ISP, Bogner,Boss,
Dunlop, Digitech+ BBE Pedals to Furman
PedalBoard
*Monster Cables, Dunlop Strings, EB M-Steel Strings, EB Cobalt Strings
Old 12-15-2012, 05:53 PM
String Slingin' Shredaholic

Favorite Strings: anything 9's
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERRYGTR62 View Post
the Gary Kramer production models are Made in Korea, as opposed to his custom shop USA models---I heard they're pretty damn good
....They are. I have a set neck GKG prototype that looks like a PRS that was made in Korea and kicks major ASS. I bought this from Leo last year and have never regretted buying it. In fact, it is far superior than my Gibson! Made in America doesn't mean shit anymore dudes. Just because a guitar was made in Korea doesn't mean shit....it's how it was made and if it includes high standards in building and materials. Korea is the new Japan....I'm sure a few of you have heard that.

I can give a flying fuck about a label that says, "Made in the USA"....it means nothing to me. That doesn't mean I don't support made in the USA products, it just means I support my wallet when it comes down to throwing out the cash.

One thing I've noticed on any forum geared towards 80 guitars....thier are some cheap mother fuckers on these forums. Guys that bitch about a price and want to get something for next to nothing. I've put shit on ebay with best offers and scratch my head at the knuckleheads that will offer 80 bucks on a $700 guitar!

It boils down to this and Eric was correct; Kramer is putting this stuff out for guys like us. Do you think the 17 year old dressed in skinny chick pants and a stupid haircut is going to buy a new Kramer? Fuck no. I commend Kramer/Gibson and putting this shit out. I don't own the SM-1 and the reason is because I don't like the 3 pup config in any guitar. Now if they put out a one hum stagey looking thing, I'd pull the trigger.

Ben's Comment: I don't think all Kramer's from the 80's where crap. I do feel it was hit and miss. I've gone through about 70 Kramer's to finalize my herd of 21. Some were shit and played like ass and others just kicked ass....kinda like what the Gibson's are like today....hit and miss.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:55 PM
String Slingin' Shredaholic

Favorite Axe: kramer BARETTA
My Photos: (1)

I'm sorry folks it's all made in Asia these days, like it or not! Even the shit you eat is no longer locally produced but all imported.
Free trade fucked up EVERYTHING!!!

Now back to guitars, who really gives a fuck? Play the fuckin thing!!! I hate fuckers who have all these fucking wonderful guitars and they never get utilised. I couldn't give a fuck for a collector only a player. Why buy a floyd loaded git if you wanna play your fucking blues shit pal?

ooops
Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Shredder in Training

Favorite Strings: Dunlop lights .09s

I totally agree, although I won't touch Chinese Stuff, LOL!!!

Seriously, if a guitar plays/sounds well, no matter what country it was prouduced in, then it's a keeper---I had a MII Squier 'Steve Vai Green' Strat that helped me score a gig with a Def Leppard Tribute band [playing it through a VHT Pitbull Ultralead that belonged to my brother]--never underestimate these guitars until you've tried them
*Taylor 114 CE
*Blackstar HT40
*Blackstar HTV112
*Fender Mustang I
*Furman Pedal Board with Korg, ISP, Bogner,Boss,
Dunlop, Digitech+ BBE Pedals to Furman
PedalBoard
*Monster Cables, Dunlop Strings, EB M-Steel Strings, EB Cobalt Strings