Shred Guitars  

Go Back   Shred Guitars > ESP Guitars > LTD guitars

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 07:13 AM
NFG

My Photos: (0)
Default Ltd mv 200

Has anyone had any experience with these guitars? I found one for $200, but, I have never heard anything about them. They look like the LTD version of the maverick which gets great reviews. If you have played one, please let me know what you think of them (how they sound and feel). Thanks for any help!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I have long hair, a BMW, and I can BAN YOUR ASS now! PayPal payments accepted

Favorite Axe: ESP
My Mood:

It is the version of the Maverick body. I've never played the LTD, but I have played a USA ESP version of the guitar. It was beautiful, but I didn't care much for it. I'm not a big fan of short scale super-strats first of all. Second, it just didn't sound as good as I had hoped. The USA had a duncan JB and it just sounded flabby to me. I can't imagine the LTD version is better with whatever they put in them. That's all I can tell you.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
NFG

Hey Mike2731,
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it was the LTD version of the Maverick. Thanks again.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:25 AM
I have long hair, a BMW, and I can BAN YOUR ASS now! PayPal payments accepted

Favorite Axe: ESP
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan110504 View Post
Hey Mike2731,
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it was the LTD version of the Maverick. Thanks again.
No problem. Glad to see some ESP/LTD action around this place!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
NFG

Default Eps mv-200 ltd

I bought this guitar used off ebay last year. I've been playing for about 20 years. I bought it to assume to role of my aging 1992 japanese ibanez RG470 with a Seymore Duncan Screamin Daemon P/U in the bridge position. It was sort of a shot in the dark not being able to try before buy. I have 10 guitars. This guitar has become my goto guitar now for nearly everything now. I started guitar playing mostly metal and later also got into blues, jazz, and even some country. It has a 24 and 1/2" scale with extra jumbo frets. I priced more ESPs after I got mine and found that new ESPs with mahogany bodies start around $700-$800. The pickups are great and this guitar is very versatile in its rage of sound. The neck is pretty thin, comfortable, and very maneuverable, but not as thin front to back or as wide a fretboard as as the original Ibanez wizard necks. it also has a slight bit more radius on the fretboard. The fixed bridge and string though mahogany body pushed the bass limits of my old Randall RG100es. My Mesa Boogied dual Rectifier was more accommodating to the bass range for palm muting chug. I played this Guitar for a couple of months before I discovered it had been modded with a push-pull volume pot which splits the front rail pickup to single coil. I highly recommend this cheap mod for this guitar. It can do a hot fender type sound that blows away my jap strat, modded custom built rail tele, and and ibanez in all settings.The only fault I can find with this guitar is that the fretboard width is a little small around the first 3 frets. This may be an issue if you have very big hands or sausage fingers when doing open chords. I later found the European guitar company Caparison, which seems to me is building replicas and variants based from this design from $2000 to $5000 This is what James Murphy and other shed heads are playing. Bucket Head also played this guitar in his early recordings. His had the Floyd Rose in it. It looks a bit small on him cuz he's a giant. I say grab it if you can! This guitar was only made for a couple of years 2002-2003 I believe, and then discontinued probably to make room for cheaper guitars that cost just as much. I will try to attach some picks of this guitar as well as the Caparison so you can make your own comparison. LoL! Here is a link to a vid I recently posted with this guitar using only the front pickup split. I am working on new heavier recordings using this guitar and will soon post some links to those tracks. Oh and this thing wails when bending and using vibrato due to extra jumbo frets. Well pics are to big. I'd have to convert. Maybe later!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Don't monkey with me....

Favorite Axe: Kramer - JonSwans and StageMasters
Favorite Strings: DRs pure blues 10's
My Photos: (41)
My Mood:
Talking

Heh heh, got a nice grove there. Got that Mesa sounding real good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That was a joke son! A joke!" Foghorn Leghorn