Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Cyborguitarist™

Favorite Axe: Kramer PCM-II's
Favorite Strings: D'Adario XL 120's
My Photos: (2)
My Mood:
Default NGD: Been a while!

So, hey everybody! Been a while since I've posted, or had much time to dedicate to guitar; and that's just a shame! I hope to post a little more often and reconnect with some old buds!

So the last time I was here, I was pretty impressed with Jackson's DK line of imported guitars. Being a tinkerer, I of course had to replace the hardware with "real" stuff, that of course being CTS pots and an OFR, but after that and a good setup, those guitars played fine and sounded great.

Enter this little gem that I recently acquired; an SLX3 of Malaysian descent in Taxi Cab Yellow! The color is obviously what got me interested, but this guitar honestly plays nearly as good as my old Stagemasters! I am amazed by the thinness and trueness of the necks available on today's mid-range import guitars; obviously a tribute to CNC machinery and better wood curing techniques than were available in the past, but also a testament to the manufacturers stepping up their game, dogged QC and an actual budget for R&D, which didn't previously exist in the music world until the Fender Custom shop brought quality out of the shadows where Jackson and American-Built Kramers were dwelling.

Look at that heel! Anyway, cool guitar, sounds pretty good, the trem is decent and will at some point become an OFR because, OFR!

There's no "Team" in FUCK YOU!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.