Shred Guitars  

Go Back   Shred Guitars > Kramer Guitars > Kramer American

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
NFG

My Photos: (0)
Question 1986 Kramer Baretta 1

Good evening: I have an original 1986 Kramer Baretta 1 that I perchased not long ago..It has a Seymour Duncan JB model pickup..original Floyd Rose tremelo..it needs to be wired up correctly,and I have bought a new Bourns pot and a new Switchcraft- barrel input jack for it..I have tried the Seymour Duncan wiring diagram and many others and get nothing..i am using new,correct type wire..excellent sauter joints..etc..I have been told by others that a capacitor isn't needed for single volume pot,but on some diagrams i see one installed,and have seen pictures of the wiring of other Barettas and some have capacitor & some don't..if anybody can help me with some pictures of their Baretta or a real wiring diagram I would really appreciate it!! Thank you!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Don't monkey with me....

Favorite Axe: Kramer - JonSwans and StageMasters
Favorite Strings: DRs pure blues 10's
My Photos: (41)
My Mood:

Hi and welcome to Shred!!
First thing is you have to be sure the pickup is good. You need a cheap little multi meter to read the ohms of the pickup, if there isn't a reading you'll need a different pickup. The wiring is very simple just a ground and the hot to the pot and to the jack.
Jon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That was a joke son! A joke!" Foghorn Leghorn
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Don't monkey with me....

My Mood:
Talking

Another thing....we need pictures Baretta's rock the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM
NFG

alrite..pickups brand new..I have original JB but going all new..also if you or anybody happens to know where I can get a sticker for the headstock..stating Kramer American please let me know..mine is chipped from the previous owner..it is the gold pyramid lettering..going to try to re-do the headstock..but its not my top priority..just being picky! Thanks again!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 PM
NFG

I will get some pics as soon as my girlfriend gets back with our digital camera..yeah i'm digging this Barreta..and i have some sweet axes..but my new fave! The neck rules!!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Don't monkey with me....

My Mood:

It is real simple and no you don't need a cap, only if you want to have more treble. Again a multimeter is real good at chasing these things down. First on the pickup the red and white are soldered together and taped off. The black is the hot and the green and bare wire go together as the ground. The grounds including the ground from the jack and the claw solder to the back of the pot. The black solders to the first pot tab, the second is to the jack and the third pot tab bends back and solders to the pot body and grounds.
Check and see where you lose the signal with the meter, if all is right then you have an inadvertent short to ground or a bad connection.
Good luck!
Jon