Go Back   Shred Guitars > Welcome > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Shredder in Training

Favorite Axe: ESP
Favorite Strings: 10's 11's
My Photos: (1)
Default Shredding contest!

Cmon you pussies! whos gonna make the riff that were all gonnna shgred on and the winner gets to kick me in the nuts?!

Do i have to do it?

Do i have to fuck each and every one of your grandmotehrs dead or alive??
what gives!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Shredding Is My Business... And Business Is Good

Favorite Axe: Lefty Warlock
Favorite Strings: 9's
My Photos: (0)
My Mood:

I'd enter the contest, but you'd probably kill yourself after you realize you can never approach my level...its genetic, not your fault.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The BEST place on the net for the left-handed guitarist!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Don't monkey with me....

Favorite Axe: Kramer - JonSwans and StageMasters
Favorite Strings: DRs pure blues 10's
My Photos: (41)
My Mood:

you could have screwed them all twice and still made the riff by now, what gives? Make one and if people don't like it then maybe someone will get off their ass and do a better one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That was a joke son! A joke!" Foghorn Leghorn
Old 06-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Shredder in Training

Favorite Axe: ESP
Favorite Strings: 10's 11's
My Photos: (1)

Jesse, you sure you wont to busy playing WOW with your fag buddya nd injecting roids into each others ass cheeks, instead of calling girls that i set you up with??? We'll see!

BAM!!!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:03 PM
never sleeps

Favorite Axe: ESP / IBANEZ / JACKSON
Favorite Strings: 009
My Mood:

In some strange quarters

War war is stupid
And people are stupid
And I heard them banging
On hearts and fingers

Old 06-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Proud member of your friendly neighborhood puto Banned

Favorite Axe: Kramer, Rickenbacker
Favorite Strings: DR Pure Blues
My Photos: (13)
My Mood:

All right....here's a riff....It's a new mode called aereolian

Old 06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Don't monkey with me....

My Mood:

Old 06-29-2008, 03:35 PM
ShredGuitars Mix-it Man

Favorite Axe: 83 Maple Pacer Special
Favorite Strings: XL.009
My Mood:

the drummer and i did a lead interval on bass yesterday as discussed. dubbed some keys and a barre chord filler, but have not went back and finalized. No time today to eq and shape it but I'll pull the raw tracks in a minute (have 3 racks of ribs on the barbie right now) and get a post up. went for somewhat moody, traditional lead break and it should give 45 seconds or so for a lead run in a flat (or A position if you are 1.2 step downtuned).'

b back ina bit.

PS- would rather take the nut bashing outta this and have it be a fun thing, where we loop this 45 secs for each/all that participate and then I'll get the premastering skills out and polish the turd off.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:57 PM

Favorite Axe: Ibanez RGXXX
Favorite Strings: 9

id record one, i have many, but i dont have a good drum machine right now...so do you want just the riff or a riff with the basss and drum machine ?

Across the seas through sands of time
Knight of the Templar...
A charging steed through lands unkind
A legend forever....

Old 06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
ShredGuitars Mix-it Man

My Mood:

OK BEGINNERS INTERMEDIATE OR EXPERTS INVITED> RIP ON THIS FOR SG

Hear it like I found it. No time to deal with cleaning this thing up tonight but it’s your assignment structure for review. The ribs are good and the barley sodas are flowing right now so….. We took about 20 minutes and rolled this one take with dubs yesterday. The progression structure is there and we left room in the middle pan window for your lead solo (or, if any rhythm players want in the guitar will be replaced for sure- soloed you can hear the G string is flat so it’s going anyway so crunch us a nice track to replace it).

OK, Here’s the assignment shredders.
This is NOT a contest.
This can be fun as shit and not mean nothing but interacting with our guitars and cutting up. Be a good thing if this just turned into a girl scout project if ya know what I mean. Have fun, shoot the shit, smile till yer face cracks. Anyway, if you happen to rip this MF up, good for U, good for Us, but…. our dicks are still the same size (huge, each and every one of us!!!!).

Soo anyway…..

You are on tour pimping your latest offering and are jamming through the 1st set on the money tracks. You are in ……….. Miami, or LA or Rio….. great crowd.
Money tracks are the ones that sell albums and make chicks get wet at the concert.
The singer just ripped the crowd a new ass with an edgy and poignant little front end to this song, takes one breathless A C D last lyric aimed at the heartstrings of America (which breaks the flow and sets you up to rip the fuck outta this mother fucker), he delivers the tear drop line (we used- “yer darkest days, they come around, within the fog you can be found, oh shredders help me”) and yes my vox breaks and it’s funny as shit and I do not have the time to fix it right now and no I don’t GAF J Key is “SHREDDERS HELP ME”. I’m callin for you to take your axe and put me out of my misery. The tension is at its highest point on the song, and you and those strings are going to release that tension……… and make it hurt….. like in the ass hurt……… errr… maybe not…… just tryin to make a point as your producer……..

Anyways, the poignant peace wraps, the little girls in the audience that have all of your CDs are wide eyed (and wetter) and the dudes who wish they were you are staring mouth agape…..

There is a split second of air and then the progression drops and…….. the kick drum sounds along with your synth player, bass and rhythm, and……. you start jamming.

Do what ever you wish. I heard (in my mind) an open amp squeal lead start in my head and the drummer thinks a wicked pick slide would work (in the air pocket). Anyway, you are going to have the following delivered to you, traditional trade-up solo format…

A C D (quick, ½ measure each chord)
A C D (last chord suspends to full measure to allow resolving of intro run)

Then, run every lick that slices people’s faces off and guts them with the pure soul that your axe is dispensing..

F A (all chords full measure, 4 turns)

Finish out on that 4th F A roll and I’ll clean up the end and paste the progression on the end as many times as we have participants.

Also will clean the scratch track up. I scooped the mids to give room for a solo and I’ll pull it back in per each solo returned- soooo, if you use time effects (like all the 80s leads) feel free, plenty of room, if you are more ANGUS OR CCR, rip this MF a new asshole dudes and I’ll pull the band in around your tracks.

Practice on this for a couple of days and I’ll get a wav file pulled together for distribution. If you want to get in on this pm me an email addy and when the wav is ready I’ll send it out. At that time I will discuss format and bit rate info so that anything sent in can be utilized on the project.

Remember- the bass was ½ step down tuned. All the chord callouts are POSITION. If you are in standard or other tuning you must transpose to A flat or whatever you are flyin’

Peace and have fun practicing

I'll pop a fresh thread when I get this cleansed and looped properly.

edit- just listened to it... forgot that the last F A measure resolves to an Aflat or Gsharp. the airgap from the beginning will be the start for the next loop when it's cleaned up. And a voice over arena reverb saying "SHREDDER UP" at each loop . And I have some live crowd noise.... we can punch this baby right up into a Monkeys vid

RockStringBender fucked with this message on : 06-29-2008 at 05:42 PM
Old 06-29-2008, 05:59 PM
MesaMan

Favorite Axe: Ibanez JS1000, Gibby Les Paul
Favorite Strings: D'Addario XL 9-42
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommySixGun View Post
All right....here's a riff....It's a new mode called aereolian

YouTube - Worst guitar solo in history

I just read an article in the paper about that kid. He killed his parents with an axe, and fled to Seattle.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:29 PM

Favorite Axe: Ibanez RGXXX
Favorite Strings: 9

is there a way to download this to record over it?

Across the seas through sands of time
Knight of the Templar...
A charging steed through lands unkind
A legend forever....

Old 06-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Don't monkey with me....

My Mood:

Yup, I was trying to figure that out too but figured I was just stupid so was waiting for someone else to bail me out...

Old 06-29-2008, 07:24 PM
ShredGuitars Mix-it Man

My Mood:

They're a couple of dudes here that can host, I was gonna email the wav files later this week when I got the loop right and fixed that puberty vox. If you (anyone) have the capacity please lift that from my putfile and post it for download on your site. The progression(s) have been done a million times, no plans for that to be copyrighted unless we produce something to present to the Captain for the site. Be aware if you use this version I need either a completely different track or tracks or if you have limits pan you hard left and the track hard right. If they come in intertwined it will fuck everthing up. More on that later, just get a feel for now. Anyway, be aware that the base tracks (beat and arrangement) will stay the same so if you end up with a track you like it will fit with the edited wav exactly. Lots of fun jamming comin up!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Cyborguitarist™

Favorite Axe: Kramer PCM-II's
Favorite Strings: D'Adario XL 120's
My Photos: (2)
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnSpeed View Post
Cmon you pussies! whos gonna make the riff that were all gonnna shgred on and the winner gets to kick me in the nuts?!

Do i have to do it?

Do i have to fuck each and every one of your grandmotehrs dead or alive??
what gives!

Headshot! Apply directly to the forehead!

There's no "Team" in FUCK YOU!!!

PacerMedic fucked with this message on : 06-29-2008 at 08:01 PM