Shred Guitars  

Go Back   Shred Guitars > Kramer Guitars > Kramer imports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM
NFG

Favorite Axe: Kramer Showster
My Photos: (0)
Thumbs up

I've had a Showster Savant III for about 9 years now. I love it. My Favorite SuperStrat.

I am a SuperStrat fan and the Showster has the best overall SuperStrat sound probably because it has single coils but I think Excellente was on to something with the metal loading.

The Showster has best sustain of all my SuperStrats hands down. Years ago I timed the sustain on all my guitars. Of course, my Gibson Les Paul had the best sustain but the Showster came in second followed by my Doubleneck. Excellente's metal loading made a big difference because the Showster has the thinest body of any of my guitars but the best sustain next to my LP.

The neck on my Showster is one of my favorites also. Very comfortable and great for shredding.

The ultra thin body on the Showster is simply the best guitar body that I have ever felt, seen or played.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:02 PM
NFG

Favorite Axe: Kramer Showster
My Photos: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE-N-USA View Post
I have both a metalist and a savant they both play fantastic. I love my savant III. It plays as nice as any guitar I've ever played. The action is set so low you practically can blow on the strings and catch a note without any buzz. And as far as the value, If you check the Japanese market they bring high dollars. I like my savant III so much I probably would never sell it.
Agree 100%. I own several high dollar Gibsons and Fenders and I rank my Savant III with the best of them. Definitely the best SuperStrat that I have ever played. They are very rare, probably only a few hundred left on the planet and they will probably never be any reissues because they are too expensive to make with the metal loaded super thin bodies.
Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson 335, Epiphone 1275 Doubleneck, Kramer American Showster, Gibson/Kramer FR422, 64 Telecaster, 50th Anniversary 62RI Telecaster Custom, 60th Anniversary Telecaster Standard, 1979 Electra Jazz Bass, Epiphone Beatle Bass, Kramer Precision Bass.