PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Tracer

Invader Chris
12-22-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm thinking about picking up an 88 USA model. What's the general consensus, and what's the most they're worth?

MapleShredder
12-22-2005, 06:34 PM
IMHO the Peavey Tracer is worth no more than $125-$150 and I would classify it in the same group as the Peavey Nitro guitar. They are decent guitars for the money. But the best Peavey 80s shredder guitar by far is the Peavey Vandenberg model. They pop up on Ebay from time to time in the $250-$400 price range. I use to own a pink Vandenberg years ago and they are great guitars.

The Furious One
12-22-2005, 06:35 PM
IMHO the Peavey Tracer is worth no more than $125-$150 and I would classify it in the same group as the Peavey Nitro guitar. They are decent guitars for the money. But the best Peavey 80s shredder guitar by far is the Peavey Vandenberg model. They pop up on Ebay from time to time in the $250-$400 price range. I use to own a pink Vandenberg years ago and they are great guitars.
Thanks for the advisory! There's a lefty Tracer on Ebay right now I was looking at!

Good look'n out bro!

MapleShredder
12-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the advisory! There's a lefty Tracer on Ebay right now I was looking at!

Good look'n out bro!

Yes, I just saw that one just now. Never seen it in that baby blue color before. Looks all original with the Kahler trem too. All it looks like it needs is a cap for the 5 way switch.

Invader Chris
12-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Hmmm... thanks for the tip. He's asking a bit more than your max price, so unless he wants to come down, I'm gonna pass.

Thanks again!

The Furious One
12-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Yes, I just saw that one just now. Never seen it in that baby blue color before. Looks all original with the Kahler trem too. All it looks like it needs is a cap for the 5 way switch.
I'm on it if it stays cheap, but the ebay retards tend to drive the lefty stuff up quite a bit.

Invader Chris
12-22-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm on it if it stays cheap, but the ebay retards tend to drive the lefty stuff up quite a bit.
Would those be the eTards?

The Furious One
12-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Why Yes! I think that's a suitable name for them!