PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen one of these fenders?

vaguelee
08-17-2006, 01:24 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/vaguelee/guitar003.jpg

It's got a Kahler Spyder trem, which I used to think was aftermarket, until I saw a picture of the guitarist from Local H (yeah, I've had the guitar for awhile) with one, except the color was metallic blue instead of metallic red. The only mods I've made are the duncan JB jr. and the stickers.

mike2731
08-17-2006, 07:10 AM
It's a Made In Japan Strat. They used the Kahler Spyder on a lot of those. The Japanese made Strats are very well made guitars. Some people feel they are every bit as good as the American models. :thumbs:

Pacertracer
08-17-2006, 07:59 AM
I had an 82 (USA) Strat with a Kahler like that on it - it was stock. Fender went crazy for a few months, where the American Standard had two pots (one vol and one tone) and a jack socket where the third pot should have been on the pickguard.

HotRod37
10-06-2006, 03:21 PM
If ya think those are cool get yer hands on a Heavy Metal Strat, HM Strat. There built just like the high end Jacksons from the same era and play fantastic. They also come with a Kahler trem and Dimarzio pu. There was about a three or four year run of these models so different configurations of controls, pu, fingerboards, and paint schemes were available.

kramerlover
10-06-2006, 08:33 PM
If ya think those are cool get yer hands on a Heavy Metal Strat, HM Strat. There built just like the high end Jacksons from the same era and play fantastic. They also come with a Kahler trem and Dimarzio pu. There was about a three or four year run of these models so different configurations of controls, pu, fingerboards, and paint schemes were available.

VERY cool model with a flat radius fingerboard on the nicest shre-ready neck Fender ever produced! I see them on the 'Bay all the time and the prices are still pretty reasonable IMHO... :thumbs:

HotRod37
10-16-2006, 09:36 PM
VERY cool model with a flat radius fingerboard on the nicest shre-ready neck Fender ever produced! I see them on the 'Bay all the time and the prices are still pretty reasonable IMHO... :thumbs:

Yep! I got three of them:eusa_danc One shell(pussy)pink w/rosewood board, one midnight gloss black w/maple board, and one in blue stone w/rosewood board.:thumbs: