PDA

View Full Version : My Custom Jackson Shred Machine

Shredmonster
08-11-2006, 09:07 AM
This is called a "Demon." Only it has a reverse body style - original Demon has the longer horn on the bottom like a left handed guitar would if it were used by a right hander.

I know of only one other ever built and it has the upside down horn. This is the only one ever done this way.
I have had several Jacksons and the custom shops are masterpieces. I was looking around for a guitar that looked meaner than an Ibanez Jem that I use to own and I finally found it.
Killer neck - best one I have ever played. Was hand made and the custom shop said even if I ordered another one since the neck was hand made I would not be able to get an exact copy of this neck.
Guitar is extremely toneful and articulate. Notes swell when you play them. Sustain is unbelievable - better than the neck through Warrior I have. Harmonics just jump off this thing.
Needless to say this does not leave the house.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/shredmonster/100_0442.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/shredmonster/100_0332.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/shredmonster/100_0445.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/shredmonster/100_0448.jpg

axebuilder
08-11-2006, 09:29 AM
1st Welcome
2nd DAMN that is a awsome quilt!! Is that a topped guitar or is that solid quilt
:drool2: :drool2: damn:thumbs:

BananaHead
08-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Holy shit, dude...that is just SICK!!!

Shredmonster
08-11-2006, 09:39 AM
1st Welcome
2nd DAMN that is a awsome quilt!! Is that a topped guitar or is that solid quilt
:drool2: :drool2: damn:thumbs:

Thanks. Its a mahogany body with a 3/8" maple top.
3/8" is thicker than usual - they needed to make it thicker because the maple goes down into the scalloped body horn cavities and the regular 1/8" or 1/4" would not extend far enough into the horn cavity.

I think the thicker top is part of why the guitar is so articulate - you know maple has that sort of "spanky" sound quality to it.

axebuilder
08-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks. Its a mahogany body with a 3/8" maple top.
3/8" is thicker than usual - they needed to make it thicker because the maple goes down into the scalloped body horn cavities and the regular 1/8" or 1/4" would not extend far enough into the horn cavity.

I think the thicker top is part of why the guitar is so articulate - you know maple has that sort of "spanky" sound quality to it.

yeah looking at the scallop thats what made me think. Looks like it's the best of both worlds Mahog for some low end and the maple for the highs :thumbs:
Damn I just notice the figerboard:drool2: :drool2:
very unique axe :notworthy

Davey
08-11-2006, 02:15 PM
so YOU're the one with the reverse demon

LETS GET HIM GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the SLS headstock was made for this axe! i love it!

IbanHo
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Bitchin'! I love that color! :thumbs:

CaptainClaw
08-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Dude that is just an unbelievable axe!!! Sick sick sick SICK!! :drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2:

V King
08-12-2006, 01:02 AM
I Agree it is Sick :drool2: and Welcome Aboard! you belong here :icon_wink Man Jackson is Putting out some Nice Shit these Days huh :drool2:
was that a Custom Order :eusa_thin I noticed the Last 3 freats are Scalloped :eusa_thin

Davey
08-12-2006, 07:12 AM
I Agree it is Sick :drool2: and Welcome Aboard! you belong here :icon_wink Man Jackson is Putting out some Nice Shit these Days huh :drool2:
was that a Custom Order :eusa_thin I noticed the Last 3 freats are Scalloped :eusa_thin

umm... there is no demon production model ;) never was and i doubt it ever will be

let alone a reverse demon.... with a no inlayed flamed maple fretboard.

Shredmonster
08-12-2006, 07:26 AM
I noticed the Last 3 freats are Scalloped :eusa_thin

Good eye! I have to confess I learned that little trick thanks to Ibanez (they do the Jems that way).

I really makes a difference on those tiny frets - they sound louder when you hit them, you can grip them better and when you stretch the sustain is better.

I am getting a custom Robin and having them do the same thing and I would reccommend it to anybody if they ever get a custom 24 fretter.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I wanted something sort of exotic - Wizard like. Something that was unique and my personal design.

I was going for more of a tiger burst paint job on this thing but when I saw what they did with it I thought it was cool so I went with it.

But what I really like about it is the neck. To me that is the most important thing about a guitar - the playability. They have a large Charvel style traditional block between the body and the neck.
I did a lot of research and at the end I emailed Jackson and they said with the larger mass at the neck you get superior sustain and resonance transfer compared to like an all access neck joint style connection.
After hearing the sustain on this thing I now agree. Even when playing accoustically you can hear the swell and sustain of the notes when you vibrato them.

But you have to have bigger hands to play for example an Am arpeggio at the 24th fret - getting your fingers around the neck joint and in between the larger horn.
Not a problem for me but guys with small hands may have a problem up at the top perhaps.

DRM
08-14-2006, 04:13 PM
I love scallops. They take alot of discipline, but they feel so good. I wish more guitars came with scalloped fretboards. I only know of two actual production models...JEM7V and Yng Strat. The Blackmore strat's were sequentially scalloped, but they're not in production anymore.

By the way, that guitar is an eye orgasm.

Kara
11-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I LOVE THE HEADSTOCK:drool2:

DownInFlames
03-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Beautiful!