PDA

View Full Version : Maple Boarded RG

DRM
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
ABOUT TIME!!! RG350 with Maple Fretboard (http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG350MDX). This must be Ibanez's answer to the Jackson DK2M. Although I don't care too much for the Sharkteeth (I wish my RG didn't have them) I think the guitar looks great. What do you guys think?

DRM
08-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Oh, and yes, I know that Ibanez made the 550 back in the day, but buying a used guitar without playing it first is a little risky for me, so this is a great alternative.

Davey
08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
what I think

i think it's a joke.

they answered a new toyota camry SLE coupe convertible with a kia picanto convertible

want a lowdown?
jackson:
japanese made
real duncans
alder body (at most 3 piece... which i doubt - someone correct me if you know better)
not a shabby floyd copy.. for the utmost of abuse, needs an ofr
pro line
multiple color choices

ibanez:
korean made
shitty ibeenhad pickups
baswood body (god knows how many pieces)
one of the most shitty floyd copies known to man
starter/intermediate line.
superlame cheesball black!

if someone puts them in the same basket and says they're equal, i'll have them proclamed insane, incompetent and full of shit.

if ibanez wants to compete, they'll have to give some of the prestige line maple boards, or at least their upper class RG's.
if they have more higher quality guitars with other than the shitwood/walnut fretboards they win... but FAIK, they shipped their whole production line to korea and only j customs and high end signature axes stayed in japan.

that about settles it for me.

Act of God
08-02-2006, 07:50 PM
I happen to think Basswood rocks, so there.

Which trem is in that RG? I am assuming its not an Edge, or Edge II, or whatever the current one is (Edge Pro?).

I am not too up to date on the new ibanez stuff, since they don't make any good lefties anymore. However, the stock pups on all my old ibanez's are f'n awesome

DRM
08-03-2006, 07:06 AM
My RG has an Edge III, and it stays in tune very well. I, also, like basswood. And mohagony. Alder sounds too bright to me. And the stock Ibanez pickups are by no means HORRID, the neck pickup sounds comparable to a PAF Pro. The bridge isn't that great, but it works. The pickups are no worse than the Duncan Designed pickups Jackson used before they hiked they're prices to the near $700 range. You could compare these guitars if Jackson still used the Duncan Designed pickups because they'd be very close in price range. That's like comparing an Epiphone Les Paul Standard to a Gibson Les Paul Studio, they're is no comparison. I'm just saying that Ibanez are putting out a guitar because a few other companies are putting out maple boarded instruments and want to compete, and for my money, they win.

Jackson DK2M: $599.99 + around $75 for special finishes
Ibanez RG350XDM: $399.99 in Black (if you need a finish to make you happy, you have problems)

Okay, take the money you just saved and drop in a set of DiMarzio's ($120) or Duncan's ($140) of your choice and buy something like a Road Runner gig bag or the Ibanez case. For the same cost as the Jackson, you get a guitar with your own favorite pickups and a nice gig bag/case. Since I don't really like Seymour Duncan's, I'd have to spend an extra $120 on PAF Pro's and another $60 on a gig bag. So, I'm up to $800 for the Jackson and if I get it in either white or black and I'm still at $600 for the Ibanez. I'll take the Ibanez.

Davey
08-03-2006, 07:40 AM
I happen to think Basswood rocks, so there.

it doesnt have much to do with it being basswood.. it's more about the fact that it is a multiple piece, made up of diferent pieces, which dont fit together and that it's cheap basswood, which is way too soft for a body wood

Which trem is in that RG? I am assuming its not an Edge, or Edge II, or whatever the current one is (Edge Pro?).

edge III

I am not too up to date on the new ibanez stuff, since they don't make any good lefties anymore. However, the stock pups on all my old ibanez's are f'n awesome
80's ones?

Davey
08-03-2006, 07:50 AM
My RG has an Edge III, and it stays in tune very well. I, also, like basswood. And mohagony. Alder sounds too bright to me. And the stock Ibanez pickups are by no means HORRID, the neck pickup sounds comparable to a PAF Pro. The bridge isn't that great, but it works. The pickups are no worse than the Duncan Designed pickups Jackson used before they hiked they're prices to the near $700 range. You could compare these guitars if Jackson still used the Duncan Designed pickups because they'd be very close in price range. That's like comparing an Epiphone Les Paul Standard to a Gibson Les Paul Studio, they're is no comparison. I'm just saying that Ibanez are putting out a guitar because a few other companies are putting out maple boarded instruments and want to compete, and for my money, they win.

Jackson DK2M: $599.99 + around $75 for special finishes
Ibanez RG350XDM: $399.99 in Black (if you need a finish to make you happy, you have problems)

Okay, take the money you just saved and drop in a set of DiMarzio's ($120) or Duncan's ($140) of your choice and buy something like a Road Runner gig bag or the Ibanez case. For the same cost as the Jackson, you get a guitar with your own favorite pickups and a nice gig bag/case. Since I don't really like Seymour Duncan's, I'd have to spend an extra $120 on PAF Pro's and another $60 on a gig bag. So, I'm up to $800 for the Jackson and if I get it in either white or black and I'm still at $600 for the Ibanez. I'll take the Ibanez.

i cant help but laugh at you boy.

saved money because you bought a cheap ibanez:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh man. you're young and i forgive you. realy, you dont have enough experience to know any better.

there are few guitars that are worse than a cheap ibanez.
you can sell the duncans for 100 and buy dimarzios if you want and only pay 20$ out of your pocket. i dont know anyone on this planet that would willingly buy ibanez pickups for more than a tenner.

but the finish statement... dude, you sure are ignorant, arent you? black is THE worst finish a guitar can have. it's so overused i get sick when i see it. and some people actualy like diversity in finishes.. if not, every guitar on the planet would be black.. and they sure are, arent they?

fact is, you can get a black dk2m for only a slightly bit more than what you'd pay for the ibanez, but you are getting four times the guitar for it.

get some hands on experience, before you say something.. and preferably more than the half an hour at a shitty store like guitar center.

BeN5150
08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Lets set up the lawn chairs in the front yard, theres a brawl going on! :icon_lol: :eusa_clap

DRM
08-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Look, I prefer Ibanez's. Around 3 months ago, I owned a DK2 (one of the old ones with Duncan Designed pups). One day, I was hanging out at a friends house and he let me play his RG. I liked the feel of it more than the Jackson's neck, it seemed to fit my hands better. So, I sold my Jackson and bought the Ibanez. Even though it is a heavier guitar (that shocked me, honestly) it plays great and sounds great. I've played a bunch of high end guitars from Ernie Ball Petrucci's to USA Jackson's, and while no, my Ibanez sounds and plays nothing like them, I don't have the money to afford them. My drummer's dad owns a bunch of guitars, one of them is an SL-1, and it is the greatest guitar ever. However, it's also $2100 new and around $1250-$1750 used. Ernie Ball's are great playing and sounding, but, that headstock...

My point is, I don't have the money to afford this great guitars. When I get the money, I will definately buy something like an RG1570, a step up in quality. However, until that day comes, let me dwell in my low-income pool for a little bit longer. I think it's good that Ibanez are putting out a Maple Boarded RG for that money, so people like myself who can't afford really nice equipment can atleast get something to make them happy. I mean, anything from Ibanez will be better than a Bronze BC Rich. (WHICH I HAD TO OWN. OMG THAT GUITAR SUCKED)

Act of God
08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
it doesnt have much to do with it being basswood.. it's more about the fact that it is a multiple piece, made up of diferent pieces, which dont fit together and that it's cheap basswood, which is way too soft for a body wood

edge III

80's ones?

Basswood of any kind is soft. It also sounds heavy and warm. When I make my custom V I am going with basswood out of preference, not necessity.

Edge III - no clue about it. I have a crappy TRS on my saber and its a tank

My IBZ/USA pups (brent just put them in my saber) are apparently off the charts hot. I can't wait to get my hands on them. The ones that came in my RG (old neck joint) are the V2 and S1's. They are amazing and versatile pickups that can get death metal to SRV.

Davey
08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Look, I prefer Ibanez's. Around 3 months ago, I owned a DK2 (one of the old ones with Duncan Designed pups). One day, I was hanging out at a friends house and he let me play his RG. I liked the feel of it more than the Jackson's neck, it seemed to fit my hands better. So, I sold my Jackson and bought the Ibanez. Even though it is a heavier guitar (that shocked me, honestly) it plays great and sounds great. I've played a bunch of high end guitars from Ernie Ball Petrucci's to USA Jackson's, and while no, my Ibanez sounds and plays nothing like them, I don't have the money to afford them. My drummer's dad owns a bunch of guitars, one of them is an SL-1, and it is the greatest guitar ever. However, it's also $2100 new and around $1250-$1750 used. Ernie Ball's are great playing and sounding, but, that headstock...

My point is, I don't have the money to afford this great guitars. When I get the money, I will definately buy something like an RG1570, a step up in quality. However, until that day comes, let me dwell in my low-income pool for a little bit longer. I think it's good that Ibanez are putting out a Maple Boarded RG for that money, so people like myself who can't afford really nice equipment can atleast get something to make them happy. I mean, anything from Ibanez will be better than a Bronze BC Rich. (WHICH I HAD TO OWN. OMG THAT GUITAR SUCKED)

OMG where the fuck are you buying things!!! you can get an sl1 for so much less than 2100, i's not even funny!!

now you're making more sense. the only point i am arguing is that they only have one maple boarded model and it is a low quality model. i wouldnt have anything against it, if they had more higher quality models, that would be direct competition to the dk2m, not competition for squire.

another thing is i cant stand the wiz2 neck.

baswood (once it's one/two piece and is resonant) is good. aparently my fusion is made of basswood (the werdict is still out on that, cos some say it's poplar, some basswood) and it sounds amazing, so i dont have anything against basswood, but against crappy basswood.. basicaly against any guitar that is made of crappy wood.

EB's, apart of the axis, pretty much suck lol.. the petrucci model is beyond horrible IMO. from the pups, to the feel of the trem, fretboard, frets and neck feel... i havent played a guitar that would fight me in terms of playing as much as that guitar. it's also ugly as sin. but to each his own

DRM
08-04-2006, 07:21 AM
OMG where the fuck are you buying things!!! you can get an sl1 for so much less than 2100, i's not even funny!!

now you're making more sense. the only point i am arguing is that they only have one maple boarded model and it is a low quality model. i wouldnt have anything against it, if they had more higher quality models, that would be direct competition to the dk2m, not competition for squire.

another thing is i cant stand the wiz2 neck.

baswood (once it's one/two piece and is resonant) is good. aparently my fusion is made of basswood (the werdict is still out on that, cos some say it's poplar, some basswood) and it sounds amazing, so i dont have anything against basswood, but against crappy basswood.. basicaly against any guitar that is made of crappy wood.

EB's, apart of the axis, pretty much suck lol.. the petrucci model is beyond horrible IMO. from the pups, to the feel of the trem, fretboard, frets and neck feel... i havent played a guitar that would fight me in terms of playing as much as that guitar. it's also ugly as sin. but to each his own

On Musicians Friend they have the SL-1's listed in just black for $1800. It's crazy, but that IS brand new. They have the SL-2 for $2000 in black. All the finishes are like $75-$250 extra. The Eerie Dress Swirl (only "finish" I really like) is $2150 on an SL-1.

And I do agree with you...if Ibanez made a Prestige model maple boarded guitar, we'd have a good instrument. Oh wait, they do. The PGM. lol. But, if they made one more like the RG's than the PGM, than it'd be a fantastic guitar.

Davey
08-04-2006, 10:14 AM
i dont want a pgm.

while it has a realy awesome neck, i dont quite like the f holes. they are cool but get old after a while.

some higher end axes wouldnt hurt them. it would only bring them more profit if you ask me

also, i dont know why i am repeating myself time after time, i should start bashing it into your skulls with a hammer.

MATTS MUSIC CENTER, WILD WEST GUITARS, GUITARCITY DRUMLAND

buying anywhere else means you want to get ripped off.
why dont you listen? do you want to pay the extra few 100 that badly?
do they realy burn such a hole in your pocket?
then send them to me, i'll put them to good use. meanwhile, buy from them

*oh but they're understocked.. their prices are the same as MF ... .. ..*
call them. email them.
those 30 seconds will save you at least 100. if you want to know what price matt has given me on a crimson swirl DK2M (MSRP 1000$) PM me

Kramaniac
08-07-2006, 10:17 PM
I gave 475 for my brand new DK2M & it will eat an ibeenhad all day long.....

period

& it looks 10 x's cooler & plays like it should cost big bucks

MapleShredder
08-08-2006, 08:26 AM
I have an Eerie Dess Swirl Jackson DK2M and I'll definately say without question that this guitar will blow away any model Ibanez guitar in this price range. :thumbs: I bought may Jackson DK2M at onlinestagegear.com brand new $699 with free hardshell case and free shipping. They are all out of stock but I do wonder when more of them will be available. :eusa_thin

The only Ibanez guitars worth owning IMO are the older models pre late 90s made in Japan or USA. I've had the S540LTD model and RG570 from the early 90s made in Japan and they are ten times better than the crappy Korean made Ibanez that are being produced today. The real JEM guitars are nice too but I've never played one of those yet. Just my opinion from a guy who has been playing guitar for over 20 yrs and have owned more guitars than one can count. :icon_wink

MrScary
09-25-2006, 11:49 AM
God_that_failed,

Dude, you guys will go round all day long. Here's the way I see it. You are happy because Ibanez put out what you have been wanting...right? You posted your joy...right? Then someone comes along in an IBANEZ category and talks it down and says how much cooler Jacksons are...right? Then someone says "you're young...I'll forgive you"...right?

I share in your joy. Do I have one? No. I don't. I have several Ibanez guitars, however just not that particular model. I have been happy that a company has put out what I have been wanting for a while now. I am very happy for you. p.s. Haven't palyed a Jackson yet that I would give more than $200 for and I have played just about every model...including the hand built ones. $2000+???? My ass. All of my Ibanez and Kramers play better than ANY one that I have picked up.

Bottom line: Are you still happy with that guitar? Good. I hope it plays like a dream for you. Let people run their mouthes like children. Tell them to go post in the Jackson section if that is what they like and butt out of YOUR posting about YOUR Ibanez in the IBANEZ section! P.S...wanna see this posting light up? Tell them Jacksons are crap and you are putting 8's on your Ibanez. That'll keep them going for a while...TRUST ME!!

Eric

DRM
09-25-2006, 12:00 PM
God_that_failed,

Dude, you guys will go round all day long. Here's the way I see it. You are happy because Ibanez put out what you have been wanting...right? You posted your joy...right? Then someone comes along in an IBANEZ category and talks it down and says how much cooler Jacksons are...right? Then someone says "you're young...I'll forgive you"...right?

I share in your joy. Do I have one? No. I don't. I have several Ibanez guitars, however just not that particular model. I have been happy that a company has put out what I have been wanting for a while now. I am very happy for you. p.s. Haven't palyed a Jackson yet that I would give more than $200 for and I have played just about every model...including the hand built ones. $2000+???? My ass. All of my Ibanez and Kramers play better than ANY one that I have picked up.

Bottom line: Are you still happy with that guitar? Good. I hope it plays like a dream for you. Let people run their mouthes like children. Tell them to go post in the Jackson section if that is what they like and butt out of YOUR posting about YOUR Ibanez in the IBANEZ section! P.S...wanna see this posting light up? Tell them Jacksons are crap and you are putting 8's on your Ibanez. That'll keep them going for a while...TRUST ME!!

Eric

lol. I basically opened a can of worms with this thread. I honestly don't care what people say about what I do or don't like, because when it comes right down to it, I know I can outplay most of them so I don't really take any of their words to heart. I played one of these guitars about a month ago, they're awesome. I don't what it is, but it was different in every way. It plays amazing as well. And say what you want about pickups and all that...notes are notes. Putting in Seymour's or DiMarzio's will not make you a better guitarist. The guitar sounds like a guitar and as long as you don't scoop your mids it will remain so. I'm glad Ibanez make this guitar, it let's people like me who like the feel of an Ibanez get one with a maple fretboard within their price range. So what if it's not some super-high quality instrument? I can do more with my Korean Ibanez than most can with their Custom Shop whatever's.

So I'll conclude this with an old proverb...if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

(and I agree about Jackson. I bought a DK2 and traded it for my supposedly lower-quality RG. that's saying something)

Davey
09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
(and I agree about Jackson. I bought a DK2 and traded it for my supposedly lower-quality RG. that's saying something)

yea.. that you got no taste :wacko:

this thread crakcs me up though.
i'd like to see you play

DRM
09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
yea.. that you got no taste :wacko:

this thread crakcs me up though.
i'd like to see you play

Alright. Let me get my vid camera up and I'll post something for you guys.

DRM
09-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Alright, this has been irking me. I've tried to play nice, but this is just too much.

What the fucks your problem? You get your kicks outta pickin on 16 year olds? Since you're so high-and-mighty, Mr. Know it All, whe're your legion of fans? Where's your adoring crowd? Where's that group of guitarists quaking in your steps?

You have self-confidence issues or something? The only people I know who start shit like you do are those who are trying to act all tough and shit when they wouldn't dare do half of it in person. You can't intimidate someone your own age? You trying to compensate for your inability to perform by ragging down on others? I never put you down for your choice of axe, yet you slam on me and say I have "no taste" because I play a different guitar than you. You know what? You probably are a better guitarist than me. You have better gear than I do. Whooptie-damn-do. I've been playing for 2 years and 4 days on the dot. I don't NEED something like a USA Jackson or some Bogner or Cornford amp. You've been playing probably 4, no, 5 times longer than me. You DESERVE gear like that. I don't have the experience nor the ability to exploit what those guitars can do. The Ibanez could do what I can better than the Jackson I had. Is that a problem? Is the fact that not everyone on the planet own Jackson's offend you? I don't tell you what to play, and until you pay for my gear, I don't expect you to do the same.

God, I HATE internet bashing. It's the lowest form of intimidation there is. You don't know me, you don't know what I go through, and you damn sure don't know how I play the guitar. And vise versa. You wanna play Jackson? More power to you. They're fantastic instruments, just not my cup of tea. Why can't you respect that I wanna play Ibanez's? The fact that I can get a guitar that resembles my heroes and is at a price I can afford does not mean that it's instantly crap. You've never played MY Ibanez. I've never played YOUR Jackson's. Can't you see that Ibanez work for me?

I'm sorry, Admin's. I wanted to just let this blow by, but I'm not taking this shit anymore. If you guys wanna ban me or whatever, go ahead and do so, it doesn't matter anymore.

And one last thing, Davey...isn't it enough that I atleast PLAY the guitar? I could be some loser who plays XBOX all day and never works for anything. I really want to make ammends with you, but until you can see things eye-to-eye with me, I don't even care what you have to say.

RockStringBender
09-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Don't sweat it little brother- 99% of the brothers that read those posts knew what was goin' on. The other 1% are also guys who can't play and make up for it by bashing axes and rubbing on their own like nipples.....

Davey, me and bully pukes never got along. How 'bout you try grow'in a dick an start talking nicer to folks, from yer 1st post on? No more shit about where someone's buyin' stuff like you get factory direct wholesale pricing (you don't an we know it so shutup), no slam'in the axe being mentioned and then talking about your's, which by the way is a peice of shit (did ya like that? didn't think so), and if yer gonna post world shattering audio video of yer fantastic playing DO IT, don't talk about it. Put it up there so we can see how yer sellin' all them videos on MTV and VH1 bigshot!

Now Davey, how ya like that shit? To quote one of your barbs, you got no taste either, and apparantley you where raised by classless parents, who passed their classlessness off to you. Yer a prick for what you posted in this thread and you should grow up and act as mature as the 16 YO Gentleman that you've been picking on.

Ps- oh yeah, one other thing. If we were ever to meet and you where having problems getting me to comprehend something PLEASE PLEASE try this method on me, which you suggested earlier

"i dont know why i am repeating myself time after time, i should start bashing it into your skulls with a hammer."

I'm not sure why, but after going back and reading all the trash that comes from your keyboard I would just love for you to give me an opportunity to take that hammer away from you and ..........

Davey
09-28-2006, 08:20 AM
dude, you so got the "taste" comment the wrong way around.
along with the post a vid one. i'd realy like to see you play. a camera is the next thing, after setting up my recording rig and getting a new head (pun intended), so dont fear, i will post vids.

also, you can check my gear in the sig pretty much everything apart of the guitar sucks. the only diference is the pickups now.. which i DID get factory direct, since i ordered em from the manufacturer. the rest is all 2nd hand.

as for me not being able to stand behind what i say.. no. i'm not one of those net bullies. i stand behind what i say and i am able do defend it. one way or the other.

that comment from what i know, was about ordering guitars from the stores i posted, right? if you want to pay twice the price @ music123 or whatever other big chain, i feel pitty for you.. i dont know why some of you people take everything so literaly.. i realy should put a disclaimer in my sig

and no, my guitar doesnt suck. it blows....

HOT AND HEAVY METAL LICKS that is.

don't lose your cool guys. doesnt suit you.

as for my stance with ibanez. i dont get it why people pay so much for such guitars.. made in korea of all places, when they can get a much higher quality guitar, for less (even from ibanez.. and yes, with maple boards too.. you just have to shop around and be on your toes). if it bothers you that i say it out loud, i dont care. could i be more subtle? yes, but being directly in your face tends to leave a bigger impression, good or bad, for which i dont care either.

i dont hang around here that often, but i think if i did, you wouldnt of gotten your panties in a bunch from the things i said, cos you do have to take al lot of it with a bit of a sarcastic point of view. i'll be sure to point those bits out in the future

and my girlfriend is very happy with the 8" i got

RockStringBender
09-28-2006, 09:46 AM
My Brother, re-read everything that you posted in this tread and tell us how we are supposed to be hearing it.

Davey
09-28-2006, 10:09 AM
My Brother, re-read everything that you posted in this tread and tell us how we are supposed to be hearing it.

i did, and i still fail to see why you are acting like someone pissed in your wheaties this morning.

i didnt say anything against ibanez that wasnt true. in fact i pointed out it would hands down rule if they put more guitars with maple fretboards out.

i also said (numerous times.. maybe not as much on thos board) that buying jacksons/charvels and even ibanez and other brands from anyone else but the official dealer is begging for a blatant ripoff.. i'd rather call it daylight robbery.

so do what you want. buy from MF/GC and get ripped off (though GC is a tad better since you can haggle from what i hear)

but like i said, for the 350, you need at least $250 (better trem and pickups) worth of upgrades to make it even close to the dk2m, and that makes it a 650$ guitar (from MF)
a dk2m comes out of the box with those upgrades and like said, sell the duncans and get some dimarzios if you want, you wont lose any money and it will still be 50$ cheaper (from MF)
i'm not arguing the feel or playability, since everybody prefers something else, but the specs.

and to those, saying that all jacksons you played sucked, i realy wonder where you played them..

RockStringBender
09-28-2006, 12:20 PM
i did, and i still fail to see why you are acting like someone pissed in your wheaties this morning.

Does this help?

'i cant help but laugh at you boy.'
'you're young and i forgive you. realy, you dont have enough experience to know any better.'
'but the finish statement... dude, you sure are ignorant, arent you?'
'get some hands on experience, before you say something'
'also, i dont know why i am repeating myself time after time, i should start bashing it into your skulls with a hammer.'
'yea.. that you got no taste'

As you are going through your day please attempt to realize that EVERYONE thinks they have EVERYTHING figured out when they are 24. Getting frustrated with and talking to people like the comments above because thay are on a different journey, or at a different place on their journey, is not condusive to sharing your profound knowledge. It is, in fact, brutish and boring behavior. It is/was insulting and our brother put up with it long enough. Why do you feel the need to talk to folks like that? What does your dick size have to do with anything? Why do guys with 5" penis' always pick 8" when they tell everyone about their endowment? Who pissed in your Wheaties? Where you potty trained at gun-point or are you just that mad at the whole world that you need to shit on people's threads?

:eusa_thin about it.......

Davey
09-28-2006, 01:06 PM
LMAO, if that made you so pissed off, i wonder what would've happened if i wanted to insult someone. seriously, lighten up.

and you're the one that brought my dick size up.

Davey
09-28-2006, 01:28 PM
lets play your game

'i cant help but laugh at you boy.' what's wrong with this one?
'you're young and i forgive you. realy, you dont have enough experience to know any better.'truth, yet you seem to take it out of context
'but the finish statement... dude, you sure are ignorant, arent you?'truth again. "if you need a finish to make you happy, you have problems" huh? huh? do i need to explain?
'get some hands on experience, before you say something' that is personal experience, as i have been burned on saying something, which was far from the truth (who would have known, huh?), i'm just sharing
'also, i dont know why i am repeating myself time after time, i should start bashing it into your skulls with a hammer.'you are taking it out of context again
'yea.. that you got no taste'you forgot the crazy ass smilie on this one. was clearly a joke.

anything else to add? want to put more words into my mouth? besides, i had no idea how old the dude is, nor does it interest me.

DRM
09-28-2006, 02:17 PM
besides, i had no idea how old the dude is, nor does it interest me.

Then why did you call me little boy? Look man, all you had to say was "I want to see Ibanez make a Prestige model with a maple board instead of the sub-level imports." Or, you could have said nothing. The point is, all of this could have been avoided as long as the insults didn't start flying. And don't try to argue that; anybody reading this thread can easily tell that you were assaulting both myself and Ibanez. I'm cool with it, I really am, but it could have all been avoided.

So, let's bury the hatchet! I mean, come on: we're shredders, not emo kids. We're more civilized than that!!! :icon_lol:

Davey
09-28-2006, 09:49 PM
all i called you was ignorant. i didnt say you were a moron, or idiot, or a douchebag, or anything like it, because it didnt need those and they would be uncalled for.
assaulting ibanez.. probably a bit, but they deserve it IMO.

like i said, i still fail to see why you got so worked up on those comments of mine, so the hatchet is solely on your part. i'm cool with it all

RockStringBender
09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Time for us all to remember this:

Rule #1 - BE NICE!
The goal of this forum is to not only be one of the greatest shred guitar communities in the world, but to be a place where hostility is checked at the door. We will absolutely not tolerate anyone bashing other users. We're all here to have a good time so everyone needs to keep that in mind. If you need to be hostile, do it somewhere else. Assholes will be dealt with as assholes.

Davey
09-29-2006, 07:46 AM
you know what.. you were the first one that started throwing insults around.

i'm done with this thread

MapleShredder
09-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Guys stop ! Grow up both of you, please. :poke1: This place has really gotten nasty lately.

axebuilder
09-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Did you guys see the new Harmony guitars out the rock:thumbs:

RockStringBender
09-29-2006, 10:17 AM
you know what.. you were the first one that started throwing insults around.

Look DH- I pointed out exactly where you speak rudely to people and you are so HB that you can't see it when it's pointed out. GO GET SOME HELP DUDE. You have no social skills or manners and you are so far gone that that fact cannot even be pointed out to you. I was calling you out for your behavior, not starting the insults. GROW UP YOU FOOL (Boy).

For those who are wanting the nastiness to stop look right here with this guy Davey. You like the stuff he posts?? I watched this guy berate and talk down to GTF for a week and I've seen it in other postings. This is the shit that taints the forum, not someone calling the offender out.

Peace, out- RSB

Ya can't talk to people like this guy does where I come from without expecting to insult them- Captain Claw, I submit a formal complaint and request Moderator review of this issue.

MapleShredder
09-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Did you guys see the new Harmony guitars out the rock:thumbs:

:icon_lol: Yeah and how about those First Act guitars ? Can't wait to put a Floyd Rose on that nice axe. :lust:

Talisman
09-29-2006, 11:56 AM
DA JA VOUS You guys are no better than the clowns over on the Kramer forum.
This place has got issues man. schizophrenia or what.

Quit the bullying of a 16 yr old. I hope he sets up a camera and kicks your ass on a guitar. There's no fool like an old fool. Kick his ass kid!!!

Talisman:nutkick:

RockStringBender
09-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Protest withdrawn. I beg the forgiveness of the forum for my actions in this matter. Please accept my humble and heartfelt apologies. RSB

CaptainClaw
09-29-2006, 08:23 PM
My apologies for not seeing this thread sooner than I did. I just came across this thread. I've read though the entire thing 3 times now just to be sure I got what was said and who said it, to find where the flashpoint was. I found it. Davey, this is the second thread I've had to say something in regarding slamming others for personal preferences. If you can't play nice, then don't play. I won't say this a third time. One of the things I was concerned with when setting up this forum was that I was putting guitar players with multiple brand preferences together, and I knew full well what kind of shitstorms it could start. Well, you're looking at the second one I've seen so far, and it better damn well be the last. I mean, come on, I don't care for Ibanez guitars at all and I created a whole fucking forum for them. The least you can do is allow someone else to have the opinion that he loves them. :tsk:

Again, this is the last time. I won't warn a third time.

V King
09-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Again, this is the last time. I won't warn a third time.

Why Doc!!Watch you gonna do Ban Him :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ALright alright I Know But i had too :spankass: , It was to funny!

Honestly Im rather impressed with some of the Things that the "GTF" said!

"So, let's bury the hatchet! I mean, come on: we're shredders, not emo kids".

like For being only 16 :notworthy

V King
09-29-2006, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=god_that_failed;18764] I've been playing for 2 years and 4 days on the dot. I don't NEED something like a USA Jackson or some Bogner or Cornford amp.

You wanna play Jackson? More power to you. They're fantastic instruments, just not my cup of tea. Why can't you respect that I wanna play Ibanez's?

The fact that I can get a guitar that resembles my heroes and is at a price I can afford does not mean that it's instantly crap.
[/QUOTE

Wow! I am Impressed with that, :eusa_thin why didnt I know that when I was 16,
And one thing is If we all like the same thing then it would be a Boring Lifless world, we would all be like Robots or somthing!!

and the Bottom line is hes right that A great Player can Shred on anything!! Period!! Give him a Pos amp and A Cheap Indonesian Guitar and he'll hand you your ass!!

RockStringBender
09-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey man, don't want ot stir anything back up but go find this little brothers take on his generation and what he thinks their responsibilties are in a thread he posted last month. It was something about video and metal songs and the influence that they have on youth and his comments on one particular post impressed the shit out of me. I'll have his back just for that post.

DRM
09-30-2006, 08:21 AM
LOL. Thanks RSB, V King, and Captain! I tried to keep my mouth shut, but it just got outta hand. Thanks for the kind comments, too; RSB, V King, and Talisman. I've been working on "Altitudes" for about 3 weeks now, so I might just post a vid of that for you guys. Becker is absolutley incredible! :drool2: The outro gets me everytime. If I can get my pinky to cooperate, I'll get that up in no time!

And I don't look at myself as being mature for my age. I'm responsible. Now, my bassist is mature. He understands all the political BS and whatnot, I just know what is or isn't the ethical way to treat someone.

(and that emo comment...that's completely true. every emo I know blames everyone else for their "problems" and bitches round-n-round about who's wrong and right. it doesn't matter...just make ammends)

-David

PS- Thanks mucho-grande Captain for convincing me to stay here! I don't wanna leave, but I just can't stand assholes. And I live too far away to do anything about it, so I acted very immature. Once again, I apologize to all admin for my posts in this thread.

DRM
09-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey man, don't want ot stir anything back up but go find this little brothers take on his generation and what he thinks their responsibilties are in a thread he posted last month. It was something about video and metal songs and the influence that they have on youth and his comments on one particular post impressed the shit out of me. I'll have his back just for that post.

Do you mean this thread? (http://www.shredguitars.com/showthread.php?t=8518)

Thanks everyone, but let's not take sides here. Davey should be just as welcome as I am, or any of you for that matter. We had an exchange of words that shouldn't have taken place and we both are at fault. I got Davey's back if anyone talks shit to him for no reason, and I hope he'd do the same for myself, or any of you.

We all have opinions and I respect everyones. Just don't piss me off or disrespect me personally and I'll return the favor.

-David

The Furious One
09-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Igor, I'm going to stand behind Adam on this and won't say anything in your defense. If I see anything like this out of you on here again before Adam does I'll personally ban you. I invited you here because I thought you would be an asset to this community. Not to cut someone down for liking something else. You wouldn't get away w/ this on the SD forum, and I'm sure in the hell not going to let you do it here. You have your right to your opinions, but if you don't have anything nice to say.....get the picture?

Furthermore, I'd like to know just how many Korean made Ibanez's you've sanded. I've done 3 so far and they've all been 2 pc. and I'll be another her shortly. Wanna bet it's less than 3 pc.?

V King
09-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Igor, I'm going to stand behind Adam on this and won't say anything in your defense. If I see anything like this out of you on here again before Adam does I'll personally ban you. I invited you here because I thought you would be an asset to this community. Not to cut someone down for liking something else. You wouldn't get away w/ this on the SD forum, and I'm sure in the hell not going to let you do it here. You have your right to your opinions, but if you don't have anything nice to say.....get the picture?

Furthermore, I'd like to know just how many Korean made Ibanez's you've sanded. I've done 3 so far and they've all been 2 pc. and I'll be another her shortly. Wanna bet it's less than 3 pc.?

:eusa_thin I thought theres no Banning :tsk: here, It just one of those situations that went too Far and somone offered to bury the hatchet and water under the Bridge:thumbs:
Anyways those Koreans do have Good woods:thumbs: but their Electronics :thumbsdow

DRM
09-30-2006, 12:02 PM
:eusa_thin I thought theres no Banning :tsk: here, It just one of those situations that went too Far and somone offered to bury the hatchet and water under the Bridge:thumbs:
Anyways those Koreans do have Good woods:thumbs: but their Electronics :thumbsdow

lol. I'll agree on the electronics part with the bridge and mid pickups. I really, really like the neck pickup on mine. The bridge pup is dull as hell, but harmonics come out like nothing. And I just hate middle pickups. :icon_lol: As for the wood: I dunno, I've never really been able to tell the difference between woods, unless it's pure shit...like agathis or something. My RG sustains great, but that bridge pickup has GOT to go. I'm looking for either an Evolution or Super Distortion to replace it. If anyone has either in black/bridge, please PM me.

The Furious One
09-30-2006, 12:06 PM

You can be banned. It takes alot, but it can be done. Cutting someone down for their age or preference will help you find that out real quick.

Ya V playing old geezer.

RockStringBender
09-30-2006, 01:21 PM
that bridge pickup has GOT to go. I'm looking for either an Evolution or Super Distortion to replace it. If anyone has either in black/bridge, please PM me.

Dude, I've been going SH4 and JB and M22 for years and years and passing by the DD. Just put my 1st duncan distortion in that vanguard mutt and IT is THE sound I've always wanted. If you run up on a low-cost used DD snag it and try it out. Very good R&R/Metal /shreder sound!!:thumbs:

I know they're not DMZs but..... for what it's worth

CaptainClaw
09-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Dude, I've been going SH4 and JB and M22 for years and years and passing by the DD. Just put my 1st duncan distortion in that vanguard mutt and IT is THE sound I've always wanted. If you run up on a low-cost used DD snag it and try it out. Very good R&R/Metal /shreder sound!!:thumbs:

I know they're not DMZs but..... for what it's worth

Yep they sound very much like the old school Jackson-made shredder pickups. I love 'em!

wfojon
09-30-2006, 02:52 PM
The Capt got me to lessening to the DDs and I'm a convert too, thing is I gave him my best two before I figured it out.:doh:
I can say they are way better than their name makes them sound.:thumbs:
Jon

MrScary
09-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Sweet...

If you are gonna abandon your "JB"'s...can I have em?
:eusa_danc

Eric

V King
09-30-2006, 04:03 PM
:eusa_thin I dont know!! The DDj was too Bright and not enough bottom end in My Gibson, and that was Mahogany

CaptainClaw
09-30-2006, 04:15 PM
The Capt got me to lessening to the DDs and I'm a convert too, thing is I gave him my best two before I figured it out.:doh:
I can say they are way better than their name makes them sound.:thumbs:
Jon

:eusa_whis
I am giving them some good love too! I agree about the name bro. Doesn't do them justice at all. I've never bothered with them for all theses years based on that fact alone. Scary.

mike2731
09-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm in love with the Jackson J-90c. Damn that's a great pickup. I have one I want to put in my blue holoflash, but the pickup just isn't in nice enough condition to put in that guitar. I may throw it in my ESP Mirage Custom....not sure yet, but that damn pickup rocks. Great rhythm tone, and the lead tones just sound so much fuller for a bridge pickup than any Duncans I have...

RockStringBender
09-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm in love with the Jackson J-90c. Damn that's a great pickup. I have one I want to put in my blue holoflash, but the pickup just isn't in nice enough condition to put in that guitar. I may throw it in my ESP Mirage Custom....not sure yet, but that damn pickup rocks. Great rhythm tone, and the lead tones just sound so much fuller for a bridge pickup than any Duncans I have...

Are they super thick? One of the things I want to get away from is that LP sound, but I'm learning to try new things. The JB's in my maple trans pacer kinda sound like .... well, not what i want on the bite and attack. That's the most refreshing things about the DD to me- if I need some more thickness just hit the EQ.

CaptainClaw
09-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Are they super thick? One of the things I want to get away from is that LP sound, but I'm learning to try new things. The JB's in my maple trans pacer kinda sound like .... well, not what i want on the bite and attack. That's the most refreshing things about the DD to me- if I need some more thickness just hit the EQ.

No dude, no LP tone with one of those :thumbs: It's a balls-to-the-wall rock/metal tone if you ask me. Think 80s-90s Jackson tone. I love 'em too!