PDA

View Full Version : My favorite mutt...

Giarc
03-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Ok guys, still can't play due to injury, so still bored and taking pics of gear. Sorry, just bear with me.:icon_bigg

This one was born in '88. The neck is off an '84 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, the body is a Kramer Focus 1000, pick-up is a SD 'JB' I bought used in '88, gold OFR, and a coil tap switch was added.

I got the original Pacer Deluxe used in '85. Played the crap out of it (I posted a real embarassing shot of me with it a little while back). Then took the neck off that and created this (I think the pick-up ring is even from the original Pacer). After 22 years of heavy play, the frets are just about non-existent at this point. But it is still one of my best playing, best sounding guitars.

She's had a hard life...so please, no laughing :eusa_hand
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6419472344.jpg&s=x10
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6419495869.jpg&s=x10
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6419503179.jpg&s=x10

(Oh yeah, don't ask me why I would disassemble a perfectly good Pacer Deluxe to build this beast. I can't remember why I did half the things I did back then:eusa_thin)

toneseeker
03-07-2006, 06:06 AM
No laughing here bro, that fiddle looks fine to me.
Besides, all the dings and scratches give it character.

Now about those worn out frets....

MapleShredder
03-07-2006, 08:46 AM
You either have to go with a Chrome Floyd or gold vol knob and tuners in order for the hardware to match. But that is just cosmetic...what really matters is if it plays nice. Looks like its gotten alot of use which is what I like to see. :thumbs:

CaptainClaw
03-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Nice axe bro! By the way, there's a flip flop blue F1000 body on eBay right now... :drool2:

Giarc
03-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys.

I know she's not easy to look at, but you should hear and play her. There's a reason that this one came together all the way back in '88, and has never been parted out or any parts changed out. I just can't bear to change a thing:eusa_hand

I have sharper looking axes, that play and sound great, but plugging this one up still always surprises me.

Sure she's ugly:icon_eek: But she really is a great guitar:thumbs:

toneseeker
03-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Dude, that ain't ugly!
It's what Les Paul players call mojo. :icon_cool

MapleShredder
03-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Craig, it may be not parted out since you have had that guitar but it has been before you owned it. I've never seen a gold floyd with chrome tuner keys at the headstock come stock on a Kramer.

But you know what that guitar looks like a nice one regardless. That gold floyd up against the black body is really sharp. I never said it was ugly and a good playing guitar is what matters most. :thumbs:

Giarc
03-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Craig, it may be not parted out since you have had that guitar but it has been before you owned it. I've never seen a gold floyd with chrome tuner keys at the headstock come stock on a Kramer.

Oh, what I meant by 'parted out' was dis-assembling the random parts that I built the guitar out of, and using the parts to build other 'mutt' guitars. I guess I could have said it better.

Regardless, thanks for the kudo's on her. It still is one of my favorites.:thumbs: