PDA

View Full Version : Deans

Raider76
06-21-2006, 02:05 AM
ive recently started to like the deans i think there are very good looking guitars and sound good too.Im thinkin about getting one but theres one thing that annoys me.On just about every model that i like has a damn pantera picture on it,im not sayin there bad but jeez do they really need them on so many models?

MapleShredder
06-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Well, that does not surprise me at all. You have to remember that Dean was never a really popular brand of guitar compared to Ibanez, Jackson, etc... Ever since Dimebag came onboard with his model guitars it has been a constant marketing tool for them. May he R.I.P. (Dimebag).

axebuilder
06-21-2006, 09:20 AM
I like deans I had a mid level and low level V. The fret work sucked but I took care of that. I kinda wrote them off after they started whoring them out cuz of Dime. I'm not a fan of his, and really hated seeing everything revolve around him.
What about heart, Nancy a great player.
:icon_bigg

MapleShredder
06-21-2006, 11:44 AM
I like deans I had a mid level and low level V they fret work sucked but I took care of that. I kinda wrote them off after they started whoring them out cuz of Dime. I'm not a fan of his, and really hated seeing every revolve around him.
What about heart, Nancy a great player.
:icon_bigg

I'm not much of a Dimebag fan either. Now as you've brought up the band Heart...well that is a guilty pleasure of mine. :icon_redf One of my favorite bands of the 80s. I do not remember Nancy Wilson playing a Dean guitar but then again I could never keep track of all the guitars she has played which are many. I remember her playing some BC Rich guitars though. Eric, you should appreciate that! :thumbs:

axebuilder
06-21-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm not much of a Dimebag fan either. Now as you've brought up the band Heart...well that is a guilty pleasure of mine. :icon_redf One of my favorite bands of the 80s. I do not remember Nancy Wilson playing a Dean guitar but then again I could never keep track of all the guitars she has played which are many. I remember her playing some BC Rich guitars though. Eric, you should appreciate that! :thumbs:

Heart Jams :thumbs: Them chicks can sing! Did you see them on VH1 clasic playin with Alice in chains?
Nancy I think played a baby ML in the 80's? I didnt know she played a rich that pretty cool.

Raider76
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Heart Jams :thumbs: Them chicks can sing! Did you see them on VH1 clasic playin with Alice in chains?
Nancy I think played a baby ML? I didnt know she played a rich that pretty cool.

yeah i did see that.VH1 classic has got to be the best channel ever like metal mania & rock show

MapleShredder
06-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Nancy I think played a baby ML? I didnt know she played a rich that pretty cool.

Here is a pic from the 80s with her and a Dean guitar:
http://home.twcny.rr.com/socool/images/Nancy%20Wilson1.jpg

And here is one of her playing a Kramer Stagemaster Guitar:
http://www.vintagekramer.com/rare/nancywilson.jpg

I can't seem to find a pic of her playing a BC Rich but I remember she playing a BC Rich Gunslinger at one point it time. I think she even plays it from time to time on recent tours. I remember they did a concert this past year on PBS channel and saw a BC Rich she was playing for a few songs.

axebuilder
06-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Here is a pic from the 80s with her and a Dean guitar:
http://home.twcny.rr.com/socool/images/Nancy%20Wilson1.jpg

And here is one of her playing a Kramer Stagemaster Guitar:
http://www.vintagekramer.com/rare/nancywilson.jpg

I can't seem to find a pic of her playing a BC Rich but I remember she playing a BC Rich Gunslinger at one point it time. I think she even plays it from time to time on recent tours. I remember they did a concert this past year on PBS channel and saw a BC Rich she was playing for a few songs.

I think I saw that show on TV? Was the guitar yellow? PBS can suprise ya sometimes with some cool stuff.

yeah i did see that.VH1 classic has got to be the best channel ever like metal mania & rock show
:thumbs: I get into "We are the 80's" sometimes :icon_lol:

Raider76
06-21-2006, 05:20 PM
I think I saw that show on TV? Was the guitar yellow? PBS can suprise ya sometimes with some cool stuff.

:thumbs: I get into "We are the 80's" sometimes :icon_lol:

lol thats iight they play too much of that new wave stuff.we...are...THE 80'S!