PDA

View Full Version : Shred guitar brands

Zoidberg
09-21-2010, 08:50 PM
What other Shredder brands are there besides Jackson/Charvel, Ibanez, Kramer, ESP, Dean and Hamer? I want to get as much Shred-based guitar brands as I can so I can compare them and choose the one that is right for me. (I really like the Charvel San Dimas, Style 1, but I really want a 24 fret neck.)

MapleShredder
09-22-2010, 07:08 AM
You forgot BC Rich and the 80's Peavey Vandenberg. There is some other great shredder guitar brands that are a little more rare and hard to find but great like Rand, Roscoe, Robin, Barrington, Alvarez Dana Scoop, etc.....

Jesse James
09-23-2010, 07:10 AM
for you I recommend a Ritz guitar, but you could also go for hurricane, aria pro II, moser, some yamaha's, washburn, DBZ, caparison, fernandes, schecter, guerilla guitars and thats about all I can think of

BamaKramer
09-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Don't forget the peavey nitro and tracer, they are always overlooked. US made, some models have a 24 fret neck. Then there are some from fender like the heartfield talon and HM strat, don't remember if they are 24 fret or not.

MapleShredder
09-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Don't forget the peavey nitro and tracer, they are always overlooked. US made, some models have a 24 fret neck. Then there are some from fender like the heartfield talon and HM strat, don't remember if they are 24 fret or not.

Right on! :thumbs:

And don't forget the Peavey G-90 with the reverse headstock and fully bound neck. :drool2:

BamaKramer
09-23-2010, 09:07 AM
There are a bunch of underated shredders out there that are under the radar.

halo71
09-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Right on! :thumbs:

And don't forget the Peavey G-90 with the reverse headstock and fully bound neck. :drool2:

Yep on the aformentioned Peavey's. But don't forget the Peavey Destiny!

OP, the Peavey Tracer's can be had CHEAP these days. Awesome, mostly overlooked shredder's. I got mine for $100 shipped to my door a few years back. The Tracer's with the 24 fret, reverse stepped (ala Vandenberg) are the best imo. The 22 fret non Kahler Spyder models and the models with LFR's are not the ones to look for. Well to me anyways...

Schecter XXX is another one that comes to mind.

MapleShredder
09-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Yep on the aformentioned Peavey's. But don't forget the Peavey Destiny!

OP, the Peavey Tracer's can be had CHEAP these days. Awesome, mostly overlooked shredder's. I got mine for $100 shipped to my door a few years back. The Tracer's with the 24 fret, reverse stepped (ala Vandenberg) are the best imo. The 22 fret non Kahler Spyder models and the models with LFR's are not the ones to look for. Well to me anyways...

Schecter XXX is another one that comes to mind.

I haven't forgotten about the Destiny. Nice axe Peavey did. And I know about the Tracers. I had one some years ago I got off of Ebay for $80 shipped. It was black with flame vinyl stickers on it and a Kahler Spyder trem, 22 fret mapleboard neck. :eusa_danc

wilkinsi
09-27-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm a snob. I won't play any non-Jackson guitar :lol:

BamaKramer
09-27-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm a snob. I won't play any non-Jackson guitar :lol:

I love me some jackson geetars, but you are missing out.

Cygnus X1
09-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Rand!

And make sure to post a pic when you buy it.

Don't forget the original shredders- LP's and Strats.