PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play The rg350m in yellow yet ?

MetalHeadTy
05-12-2010, 06:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried these out at all ? I haven't played one yet but I am planning on purchasing my first ibanez guitar. I would like the maple fingerboard as I already have an ESP mii with rosewood and a horizon with ebony. Now I am trying to decide whether to go cheap and get the 350 or spend the extra and get the prestige 1550. It would mean selling my ESP ltd m1000 tho. I am not really sure what the quality of the prestige guitars are like compared to the ESP ltd deluxe line. Anyone help me out at all wig this ?

Goomy
05-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I played one and it felt good, sortive like an RG550 with just a little more roundness to the neck. But the yellow it comes in is very close to that of the original DY 550's, or at least alot closer than the RG550DY Reissue. I completely recommend it man, great value for the amount of money that it is. Im not going to comment on the quality of the Prestige line's quality these days... very disappointing

MetalHeadTy
05-19-2010, 06:03 PM
But I mean the prestige guitar has to be better quality no ? I mean it's like a $600 price difference. I can get the rg350m for $400 Canadian and the 1550 for just over $1000. I just don't know how much of a difference there will be. And unfortunatley the only dealer that is close to be doesn't carry the prestige guitars in stock very often so I can't test one out. I played the 350 in black with the ugly lightning bolts and it was ok but not amazing.

Guitar Player
05-26-2010, 11:33 AM
I was wondering if anyone has tried these out at all ? I haven't played one yet but I am planning on purchasing my first ibanez guitar. I would like the maple fingerboard as I already have an ESP mii with rosewood and a horizon with ebony. Now I am trying to decide whether to go cheap and get the 350 or spend the extra and get the prestige 1550. It would mean selling my ESP ltd m1000 tho. I am not really sure what the quality of the prestige guitars are like compared to the ESP ltd deluxe line. Anyone help me out at all wig this ?

I have played one of those Ibanez RG350's they are ok nothing more than that honestly. I own a Late 90's Ibanez s370(Korean), a PGM301WH(Paul Gilbert signature Model) and a Jackson Dinky. The quality control on those cheaper Ibanez guitars is really nasty. The locking trems on them are not very good at all. The Pivot points on them are very bad. They'dd be decent enough guitar if you take them to a proper Guitar builder and have them setup and adjusted properly.

:)

MetalHeadTy
05-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the input, I will probably just go with the prestige