PDA

View Full Version : NGD...The Electric Grape!

Q-Ball
12-04-2009, 08:09 PM
I wanted a Pagan Gold Style 2 REALLY bad when these first came out. :drool2: But with each batch of new colors, I found a new fav color. :eusa_thin Now that the Style 2 is history (and Ebay sent me a wad of holiday coupons) the time had come to get rid of some GAS! :notworthy

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/noaccordions/general%20web%20media/c127c679.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/noaccordions/general%20web%20media/9fd726ba.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/noaccordions/general%20web%20media/3c607b7c.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/noaccordions/general%20web%20media/c6488a34.jpg

I can't believe how much different the Style 2 is from my Style 1! :icon_eek: Noticeably more balls and crunch (especially as you add gain) and a different balance point and weight makes for it's own personality. :eusa_danc

wfojon
12-04-2009, 10:03 PM
:drool2: I likie a bunch..:drool2: :drool2:
Great way to start Christmas. :thumbs:
Do they have the same pickups?:eusa_thin

MetalHeadTy
12-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Nice guitar. I want one of those style 1 guitars real bad !

Q-Ball
12-04-2009, 10:41 PM
:drool2: I likie a bunch..:drool2: :drool2:
Great way to start Christmas. :thumbs:
Do they have the same pickups?:eusa_thin

Yeah, both use the JB and the '59...the mo mass of wood in the single cutaway body has a pronounced effect on them pups tho. With only a few days of playing around I can say I like the Style 2 tone better. :icon_cool

Thanks to a bunch of coupons and discounts I got an additional 20% off the auction price...not too bad for a brand new axe! :eusa_danc

D-EJ915
12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
That colour's wild man, congrats

Stinky
12-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Nice colour!
I read somewhere that this new charvels have Chinese or Korean floyds and they can't stay in tune. Is this correct?

PacerMedic
12-06-2009, 12:00 PM
I lurves me that one right there! Helluva nice score! From what I know aboot the new Korean manufactured FRT's, the only difference is metallurgical - different carbonizing and hardening techniques of which the german steel is certainly better, but they are still among the best of the "OFR copies"

CaptainClaw
12-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Is that a flip-flop color? I may be colorblind but I swear pic 1 and pic 2 look like two totally different colors....

Q-Ball
12-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Is that a flip-flop color? I may be colorblind but I swear pic 1 and pic 2 look like two totally different colors....

I know you're colorblind Mon Captian, but you are also perceiving some of the problems I had photographing the nuclear grape! :icon_eek: A slight movement of camera angle, or of the light source, changes the depth, tint, and hue of the purple. :eusa_eh:

I don't know if it's the basecoat/clearcoat system Charvel uses; or the type or size of the fine metalflake (no pearl) in the finish, but getting pic of this guitar to show its actual color is damned near impossible. :doh:I must of taken 50 pics of her to be able to use 6.

The finish is called <Candy Purple> and if it is a genuine candy paint, its painted silver first, and then clearcoated with a tinted (purple in this case) clear. I don't know if this is an actual candy finish because I haven't torn the axe apart yet to check, but we'll see :icon_cool

CaptainClaw
12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Cool! I'd love to see it in person :thumbs: Does the color flip like that in person too or just in photos?

PacerMedic
12-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Cool! I'd love to see it in person :thumbs: Does the color flip like that in person too or just in photos?

Errr... If you're colorblind, won't it look the same in person? :D

Forgive me for being an insensitive prick. :roll:

CaptainClaw
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Errr... If you're colorblind, won't it look the same in person? :D

Forgive me for being an insensitive prick. :roll:

LOL you insensitive prick! I can tell differences as long as its not to subtle. Subtle color differences fuck me right up :icon_lol: