PDA

View Full Version : Kramer Help...I don't own one yet

MetalHeadTy
11-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi guys just wondering what to look for in a kramer. this one is posted in my city http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Kramer-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ170108866. I don't know much about them. the decal thing i am not digging but he says it comes off. do like the guitar tho. there is also a 6000 series in a pawn shop i found but they want 550 for it. its in mint condition and is a Grey/silver color. anyone with kramer experience have any thoughts ?

wfojon
11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't know values there but here in the US a Striker is $100 - 150 and a Focus could go $250 - 300.

MetalHeadTy
11-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks so much for the info ! I thought that price was a bit high. I saw a red one in a pawn shop for 125 last week same model and everything. Just not the upgraded pickup

CaptainClaw
12-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Avoid the Striker my friend. Focus are great axes though! I've owned a couple and loved em. Just as good as an American Kramer IMO. Same parts for the most part anyway. Strikers are plywood or cardboard or something similar :icon_lol:

kramerlust
12-13-2009, 09:11 PM
That is way too much for that Striker. But- I am an unusual Kramer lover in that I prefer the Striker over the Focus if you know how to set it up and upgrade the hardware. I love the smaller size of the old Strikers and the shape is slightly more contoured than any other Kramer as well. Check out my link in my signature line to see some of mine. I always have alot of them on hand if you want to try one from a trusted source too. The plywood body does not matter to me. I love a guitar for looks and feel and when it comes to tone, I rely on my effects, amp and pickups and don't sweat the type of wood. The signal is totally altered coming out of the amp anyway right? It's all just personal preference. :thumbs:

halo71
12-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Strikers are plywood or cardboard or something similar :icon_lol:

Hate to be the broken spoke in the wheel. But I beg to differ. Not all Strikers were plywood bodied. Depending on model, and year I guess, some are solid wood. Albeit 3 maybe 4 piece glued up but still solid wood. I had a 620, or was it a 610, and it wasn't plywood. :thumbs:

wfojon
12-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I agree with you about the Striker, I had a 600st that had a solid wood body. It sounded and played great, just the cheap hardware was the downer. By the time you up-grade everything ya might as well just grab a Focus. :thumbs: