View Full Version : INFO: Tremolo Block Sizes

10-22-2009, 02:17 PM

Before buying a tremolo, or even a replacement block for an existing tremolo, it's imperative that you check the block size before ordering anything new. The "block" is the big chunk of metal attached to the bottom of the tremolo plate which you pull you strings through from the back of the guitar body. This is covered by a tremolo cavity cover plate.

Choosing the wrong size is easy to do, and can lead to you purchasing a block that is too large (or even too small) for the guitar it's being installed in. While it's basic information, the list below will guide you in choosing the correct block size. Examples of bridges are given for each, but are by no means the ONLY bridges that fit the description.

Flush-mount bridges (Vintage/Floyd Rose): 42mm
Recessed bridges (Floyd Rose): 37mm
Deeply recessed bridges (Floyd Rose Pro): 32mm

10-22-2009, 05:56 PM
:thumbs: And if you have one too long you can cut it down on the spring end. The spring holes are quite deep or you can drill them a little deeper if you have too.