PDA

View Full Version : DK2/King V Neckthrough Feel

RockStringBender
08-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Anybody here had both axes and if so can you comment on the feel of the necks?

A DK2 with 009s is a killer kickass axe, and I notice that the neck taper and back profile is very dif from anything else I've played. I like it a lot, the DK feels real "meaty" and thick and wide but it's fast as a MFr.

Is the King V neckthrough similar?? Dif beast? Does it have that center line thing on the back where your thumb sits??

I can't find a real kingv in any shops to check it out.

Thanks in advance for any info brothas :thumbs:

CaptainClaw
08-21-2008, 04:56 PM
You came to the right place brotha :thumbs: I don't own a DK2 but have played many. I LOVE the necks on them, but prefer the KV necks any day over any other Jackson neck.

To answer your question in your own words... they are an entirely different beast. The King Vs come with what Jackson calls their "speed" profile, which is a very flat D shape. Almost reminiscent of an Ibanez wizard but way better LOL. I never liked Ibanez necks. They seemed to thin to me, but the King V is also very thin, and wide. The King V neck is, by far, the fastest and most comfortable neck I've ever played.

I own 2 King V neckthru guitars so I know pretty well haha. I also own a bolt-on version of the King V, and it's ALSO got a sweet fucking neck. Very similar if not identical to the neckthru counterpart (so if you cant nail a neckthru to try, pick up a KVX10 or something in the store to goof around with. Then imagine it as a neckthru and with binding. I think they are damn close in shape). BUT it has no binding so what I'm going to do is replace it with... drum roll please... a DK2 neck :thumbs: They are, in my opinion, Jackson's second best necks ever made. Imagine my bolt on King V with a bound rosewood DK2 neck (this is the KV I have thats transparent blue with a flame maple top). I've put all black hardware on it, so all it needs is the binding to really make it POP, know what I mean?

Dude, BUY A KING V!!! Quit stalling and buy one! You will not regret it. I've played many Jackson's and the King V is the finest guitar I've ever played, hands down dude. Hell, if you catch me on a good day I might even sell you one of mine LOL. My fucking car has put me so far in the hole I've been tempted. I own two identical King Vs (same color and everything) so I've considered it. Anyway, just buy one dude. I swear to you that you will LOVE it. If not, I'll take it off your hands :eusa_danc

BUY ONE!!

CaptainClaw
08-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Speaking of King V's.... here's one I am lusting over HARD. Buy it now and then hate it so you'll be forced to sell it. Then I can swoop in and take it off your hands for a song!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110282526602

Treva will dig the color on this one I think. I know I fucking LOVE it. Damn I need to figure out where i can find $1500 hahaha

Treva
08-25-2008, 12:49 PM
That's exactly the blue I like the most.
That blue with real flames in blue shades(not red shades) would be AWESOME !
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

toneseeker
08-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Are you pissing in here again?
Go to the bathroom!

Now! :icon_lol:

Treva
08-25-2008, 01:28 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

CaptainClaw
09-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey Bob did you fall off the face of the earth? Where are ya dude? COME BACK hahaha

wfojon
09-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Hey Bob did you fall off the face of the earth? Where are ya dude? COME BACK hahaha

Look who the fuck is talking...:rofl: the lost leader..:eusa_whis

CaptainClaw
09-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Look who the fuck is talking...:rofl: the lost leader..:eusa_whis

Touché, Sir... Touché! :notworthy
I will start being around more now. My "busy time" has passed for now haha

wfojon
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey, talking about lost souls,:doh: did you ban Ben, I haven't seen him for a while..:eusa_thin

:roll:

CaptainClaw
09-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey, talking about lost souls,:doh: did you ban Ben, I haven't seen him for a while..:eusa_thin

:roll:

Nope! I think he's vacationing on the ludicrous amount of money he made off his piece of holoflashed plywood :eusa_whis :rofl:

wfojon
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
....:roflmfao: I think I peed my pants..
Nope! I think he's vacationing on the ludicrous amount of money he made off his piece of holoflashed plywood :eusa_whis :rofl: