PDA

View Full Version : Incoming again....maybe the last one for awhile

uberthrall
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, I got this one coming in soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120289754105&_trksid=p2759.l1259&_trksid=p2759.l1259

This one's a 79' or 80' Carvin CM-130. I figure between this and the Brian Moore that'll be here tomorrow my LP jones will be somewhat satisfied. I've been talking to the seller quite a bit on the phone......great guy. We're both amazed, but not really surprised about how unkind Ebay is to Carvins. I think I'm gonna hold on to this one........it really wouldn't be worthwhile flipping it, as the resale on these ain't the greatest. I know I'll really like it though, these older Carvins are very nice.

PacerMedic
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Coolio. :thumbs: I'll believe the part about the last one for a while" when I don't see NGD in your posts for a while.

ADDICT!
ADDICT!!
ADDICT!!!

:roll:

uberthrall
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh yeah, I'm definitely an addict!! The thing is, the M3, the Flame, and the Streetwise guitar are going nowhere......ever. I'm very familiar with the Brian Moore's and always loved/wanted one, so that should be staying probably.

As for the Carvin, like I said the resale on those is not good at all, so I wont even bother trying to flip it.......which is how I manage to keep things coming in. I'll have to squirrell away 20 or 30 bucks a week for awhile before I can grab another one....should take awhile.

mike2731
08-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah, I'm definitely an addict!! The thing is, the M3, the Flame, and the Streetwise guitar are going nowhere......ever. I'm very familiar with the Brian Moore's and always loved/wanted one, so that should be staying probably.

As for the Carvin, like I said the resale on those is not good at all, so I wont even bother trying to flip it.......which is how I manage to keep things coming in. I'll have to squirrell away 20 or 30 bucks a week for awhile before I can grab another one....should take awhile.

There are places on the internet where people would tar and feather you for having the nerve to .....GASP.....flip a guitar!!!!!! :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

uberthrall
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
There are places on the internet where people would tar and feather you for having the nerve to .....GASP.....flip a guitar!!!!!! :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

Oh yeah I know. Probably populated by a bunch of doctors and lawyers and other various kinds of corksniffers. You know the type, they can afford to have 50 or 60 guitars lying around and don't have to flip a few to get something new. Definitely not me......unfortunately.

wfojon
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM

Sure, and another thing they all say is "I can quit any time I want too" :rofl:

wfojon
08-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah I know. Probably populated by a bunch of doctors and lawyers and other various kinds of corksniffers. You know the type, they can afford to have 50 or 60 guitars lying around and don't have to flip a few to get something new. Definitely not me......unfortunately.

Umm dude, I've never sniffed a cork in my life and am not about to start and I'm sure not a pill pusher or a shark.:icon_eek:..just a dumb country boy BUT I do have a few guitars laying around.:eusa_whis.don't be painting with such a broad brush..:roll:

uberthrall
08-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Umm dude, I've never sniffed a cork in my life and am not about to start and I'm sure not a pill pusher or a shark.:icon_eek:..just a dumb country boy BUT I do have a few guitars laying around.:eusa_whis.don't be painting with such a broad brush..:roll:

Haha....not pointed at you my friend, but I'm sure you know the type I'm referring to. I get the impression that you probably work/worked for a living.:thumbs:

mike2731
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I see no problem with taking the time to find bargains. What a great way to get to try a lot of different guitars. If you buy them right, you can check them out for a while, and still know you will break even or turn a profit when you go to sell. :thumbs:

axebuilder
08-05-2008, 05:35 AM
Cool score Roger, I never owned a carvin guitar, but I used there neckthru blanks to build them :thumbs: and them necks are sweet:eusa_clap
looks like it comes with the active/passive electronics? Give us a repoet on that when she comes in!:thumbs::thumbs:

Cygnus X1
08-05-2008, 10:55 PM
I get fishy about the flipper term, anyways.
I know Roger did good on one I had nothing into, except an hour's worth of work and some hardware. I did great, Rog did great after that.
I just don't have the time or patience to put stuff up for sale!
If I want to get rid of something...it's stupid cheap, gone...off my hands.

Great finds, Roger.
You did great!

Now play 'em! :)