PDA

View Full Version : Charvel Model 4 problem

blue008778
04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey everyone I bought a charvel model 4 and totally love the guitar.
I am however having some problems with the feedback of the guitar with the amp. I took it to a guitar shop and was told that i need to get new 2 singlecoils and humbucker. So since they are active pickups and singlecoils he said the best type would be emg pickups which are these http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=7&catalogid=90

So what i want to know is what is the best way to fix this problem. Here is a video of the problem. YouTube - Charvel Model 4 problem

Thanks,
blue008778

axebuilder
04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Seems like your jack is going bad, have you changed out the output jack?
Does it feedback when you get about 4' away from the amp?

blue008778
04-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Im pretty sure jack is fine as i had it looked at by a repair man who has over 30+ years experience and he said jack is in great condition. But it does not feedback 4' away from amp.

axebuilder
04-28-2008, 09:44 AM
ok the vid was a lil jerky on my puter here so I couldn't tell if you were wigling the jack to make it work.
THe main thing I can think of with the feed back is they are hot pups and when you play really close to the amp like in the vid you will get feedback, I have a guitar or 2 like that and nothin is wrong with the pups and everything is shielded. When I step 2 or so feet away it sounds great

wfojon
04-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I've got a strat that does that, the pickups are microphonic and they just feed back on their own whenever I get to close to the amp. The only fix is pot the pickups or swap them for better ones.
Jon

aywilson
05-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Your pickups NOT active. They are passive Jackson pickups with an active mid-boost circuit. The pots are Volume, Tone, and Mid-boost with three on/off mini-toggle switches. Just an FYI.