PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just gotta say WTF

uberthrall
02-19-2008, 04:07 PM
This popped up right when I was running a GAS search. The USA Custom Graphic series Ibbys are rare and sought after......and unheard of at this price. There are some incongruities between this one and some of the information I've gathered since hitting the button. However,I've also found out that it's not unheard of,as these ones could be ordered with alot of different options. It obviously needs some work,but if it's legit....it'll definitely be well worth it. If it isn't I'm pretty sure I could part it out and recoup what I have in it.....and get a free case out of it......which I need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270213342419&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

Let me know what you guys think. :thumbs: or :thumbsdow

S-man
02-19-2008, 04:26 PM
It has character. :)

It should play pretty nice.

Treva
02-19-2008, 04:30 PM
For 300 it's a winner.
Only 2 things I don't like =inlays and that brown rosewood fingerboard.
But for 300 fuck them hahahaha

PacerMedic
02-19-2008, 04:46 PM
No party-outy! If you don't want it, pass it this way. ;)

Act of God
02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
wow, SICK score

uberthrall
02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Well,I've done quite a bit of digging on this one,and I gotta say I'm just about certain I pulled of a major deal. Initially I was concerned about the logo not being gold like I've seen on the others I've come across. Also the H/S pup configuration bothered me too,as well as the mini toggle being there. But just scroll down this madman's site.....I mean that in a good way BTW,and you'll see that there were indeed many,many variants that you could choose from.......that is,if you had $1,500+ to spend on it in 90 or 91.....I know I sure didn't.

http://www.kosakuworld.com/gtr-ibanez.htm

PacerMedic
02-19-2008, 07:37 PM
That's an insane collection!!

uberthrall
02-20-2008, 02:11 AM
That's an insane collection!!

Yeah.....that dude's living my "I just hit the lottery" dream!!:icon_lol::icon_lol:

MapleShredder
02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
This popped up right when I was running a GAS search. The USA Custom Graphic series Ibbys are rare and sought after......and unheard of at this price. There are some incongruities between this one and some of the information I've gathered since hitting the button. However,I've also found out that it's not unheard of,as these ones could be ordered with alot of different options. It obviously needs some work,but if it's legit....it'll definitely be well worth it. If it isn't I'm pretty sure I could part it out and recoup what I have in it.....and get a free case out of it......which I need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270213342419&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

Let me know what you guys think. :thumbs: or :thumbsdow

I think you did an awesome deal on that one! :thumbs: I love the graphics on that one and big fan of the reverse headstocks. This one reminds me of the RG 565 guitars. That white humbucker in the bridge does not look right though. :eusa_eh:

uberthrall
02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I think you did an awesome deal on that one! :thumbs: I love the graphics on that one and big fan of the reverse headstocks. This one reminds me of the RG 565 guitars. That white humbucker in the bridge does not look right though. :eusa_eh:

Thanks Jeff. I agree with your points as well. To me,this is pretty damn close to being the same guitar as the 565 Prototype. And I couldn't agree with you more about the white pup....I hate white pups,I think they look really cheesy.
I have a green EVO,as well as green knobs and switch tip.....gonna grab a green Dimarzio single coil to throw in the neck position and I figure I'll be good to go.

MapleShredder
02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks Jeff. I agree with your points as well. To me,this is pretty damn close to being the same guitar as the 565 Prototype. And I couldn't agree with you more about the white pup....I hate white pups,I think they look really cheesy.
I have a green EVO,as well as green knobs and switch tip.....gonna grab a green Dimarzio single coil to throw in the neck position and I figure I'll be good to go.

Yes, green DiMarzio pups would look and sound awesome in that axe. Sounds like a plan. :thumbs:

toneseeker
02-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Give us a report WITH PICS
when it comes in.

BTW, if you like the pickup
that's in it when you get it,
you can always get some
bobbin toppers and change the look.

uberthrall
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Give us a report WITH PICS
when it comes in.

BTW, if you like the pickup
that's in it when you get it,
you can always get some
bobbin toppers and change the look.

Believe me,when this thing gets here,I'll post a slew of pics from every conceivable angle!! About the bobbin toppers,I got some of those last year and I gotta say,I think they're about the worst guitar related product I've come across in a long time. I was expecting them to be light gauged plastic with adhesive on the back. Instead they were really cheap paper things...truly horrible. I used them as a throw in on one of the guitars I dumped last year. Also,I've had this green F spaced EVO sitting in my desk for almost a year now.......along with the green knobs and switch tip....I'm curious to see how the EVOs sound. Besides,I figure I can dump the white PAF to someone who's into the white pup look and mitigate a little bit of the cost for the work that'll have to be done.

Rawinc.
03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Here in Denmark the 300 $ would only be for the Paff Pro and the OFR..

What a steal.. !!

Congrats.. :thumbs: