PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Ibanez pros here

PacerMedic
12-26-2007, 07:00 AM
As I mentioned last week, I've been looking at an Ibby to pick up cheap locally. I finally figured out that it's a 2001 RG470ti. It has the following specs:

Wizard II neck w/ jumbo frets in good shape
Basswod body
Lo TRS bridge
v7 Neck pup
s1 Middle
v8 Bridge pu
Titanium Ice paint with multiple chips, no dings
Cosmo black hardware
No trem bar
Coffin case (barf, not my thing)

The guitar is electrically sound and in need of no major repair work. It's going to take a lot of touching up if not a complete do-over once I decide to fix the paint chip issues. My question is where should I start the haggling process at? Is $200 a fair starting point? Where should I say "keep it"?

Thanks bros! :thumbs:

DRM
12-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Shit man, haggle as much as you feel like. I just sold my RG for $150 and it was in great shape, but I felt comfortable selling it at that price.

The trem on that guitar is a complete POS, dude. Keep that in mind. But, everything else looks find and if you want it, go get it. I'd drop it down to the $150 if you can, but don't pay a cent over $200 for it.

Just my .02! :thumbs:
-David

uberthrall
12-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah,I agree with David. I got one in perfect shape earlier this year for $279 shipped.
I managed to flip it for $330,but as I said it was in great shape. They really aren't bad
guitars,but they don't hold their resale value to well though. I too would start at $150
or $175 and hold the line at $200. FWIW,I bet you could flip the coffin case fairly easy
if you were so inclined.

PacerMedic
12-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Sounds good! Thanks bros!:thumbs: