PDA

View Full Version : Edge III to OFR Question...

DRM
12-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Bros,

Would an Original Floyd drop in place of the Edge III trem without major mods? Will the posts match up to the pivot points?

Thanks,
-David

BeN5150
12-25-2007, 01:24 PM
somebody dropped a Speedloader in a JEM, I dunno if that provides any answers, but I saw that

PacerMedic
12-25-2007, 01:31 PM
somebody dropped a Speedloader in a JEM, I dunno if that provides any answers, but I saw that

I think the speedloader isa little smaller across teh knife edge centers.

DRM
12-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Guess I'll have to take the initiative and go measure them both and see what I get. LOL!

BeN5150
12-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I think the speedloader isa little smaller across teh knife edge centers.

that certainly is teh suck...

:lmfao:

Stratslinger5150
01-12-2008, 11:57 PM
I just dropped one in my 350EX and I had to route out the sections behind the bridge to make it fit, not a lot but if you have never done this type of thing before or are afraid to do some finish work, I.E. painting, sanding etc, then I would take it to somebody, it turned out nice though, the OFR is VASTLY superior to any of the Ibanez trems, hope this helps....

ibanezed4yrs
01-13-2008, 07:24 AM
I just dropped one in my 350EX and I had to route out the sections behind the bridge to make it fit, not a lot but if you have never done this type of thing before or are afraid to do some finish work, I.E. painting, sanding etc, then I would take it to somebody, it turned out nice though, the OFR is VASTLY superior to any of the Ibanez trems, hope this helps....

it's all a matter of preferance, obviously... cause i prefere my edge-pro over any floyd trem out there.. no problem with tuning..ever.. and i like it's smoothness and lower profile too.. way better than the floyds...

ibanezed4yrs
01-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Bros,

Would an Original Floyd drop in place of the Edge III trem without major mods? Will the posts match up to the pivot points?

Thanks,
-Davidget rid of the ofr.. the edge pro will fit in there with no routing and is a better trem (with the locking studs of course) in my opinion.. just cause it's a floyd don't make it golden.. grab an edge pro with locking studs.. no routing, repositiong the studs, no nothin... fits right in..