PDA

View Full Version : New Jackson's

kb7010
12-22-2007, 04:01 PM
How are the new Jackson guitar's ( made in USA ) are they any good..???
junk..??? seen one at music store.. list price was 2K .. you might as well say.. had EMG pups in it.. ???? :eusa_thin
Jackson and EMG in bed together.. ( so to speak ) ?????
played nice.. I didn't plug her in.. was in a hurry and was at the dreaded mall with the wife...!!!! ( stop and look at everything ) :doh:

slayer
12-23-2007, 11:33 AM
It sounds like you were looking at a DK1, 2 EMG`s and a bolt-on neck. $2000 is grosely overpriced for a DK1 new. I wouldn`t pay $2000 for a new SL2H. Jacksons prices are out of hand now on new ones. They had great prices until about 2003 and now the prices are crazy high and forget about the custom shop prices, even more stupid. I have owned many USA Jacksons over the years and they were all great and I imagine the new ones are also, but FMIC is ruining them with the stupid prices and their restrictions in the custom shop. It is a real shame. I paid $1200 for a new black SL2H in 2003 before the prices went up and I could have bought a DK1 for about $100 less. My 2006 custom shop Soloist was $3000 and I don`t even want to know what it would cost now as the custom shop prices went into outer space recently:thumbsdow Here is mine:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/jackgraner/DSC03124.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/jackgraner/DSC03125.jpg

PacerMedic
12-23-2007, 12:11 PM
How are the new American Jacksons? Stupid expensive! The Jap stuff is mighty nice at an awesome price. The American ones can't touch a Jap DK with an added FR. Think about it: you can buy a DK2M for < $600, add a Floyd and ship it off to one of the paint gurus here and have as good if not better than a CS axe for way less!

wilkinsi
12-23-2007, 06:08 PM
You could always buy a used USA Jackson like I'm doing soon. Most people who invest in expensive guitars are sensible to look after them, so they sell easier.

ibanezed4yrs
12-24-2007, 11:30 AM
You could always buy a used USA Jackson like I'm doing soon. Most people who invest in expensive guitars are sensible to look after them, so they sell easier.

good point.. buying used is always scary.. that's why when i'm on e-bay, if they don't describe it correctly and use wrong terminology, i pass.. you can tell when a guitarist is selling one and when a store is selling one.. usually the store is like "this is a 1990 rg series guitar with a floyd rose trem .. blah blah blah.."..... and a guitarist is like "HERE IT IS!! the axe of all axes!!.. ibanez 1990 MADE IN JAPAN rg550 with Lo-Pro trem!... yadda yadda yadda.."..... big difference..

kb7010
12-25-2007, 03:06 PM
No .. this was a neckthru.. from "the custom shop" yeah right.. sign that we can jack up the price.. :lol

BeN5150
12-25-2007, 03:11 PM
How are the new American Jacksons? Stupid expensive! The Jap stuff is mighty nice at an awesome price. The American ones can't touch a Jap DK with an added FR. Think about it: you can buy a DK2M for < $600, add a Floyd and ship it off to one of the paint gurus here and have as good if not better than a CS axe for way less!

one day I'm gonna have to grab an SL3.

Duncans, OFR.

the only difference between it and a US? No Binding!:icon_bigg

V King
01-02-2008, 07:54 PM
. I didn't plug her in.. was in a hurry and was at the dreaded mall with the wife...!!!! ( stop and look at everything ) :doh:

yegh tell me about it, they want to see every thing and its ok , but when its our turn ,their all Hurry up lets go :chatter:!! im leaving, you coming or not :grumble:, and if you give attitude :curse: count on not getting any panocha:thumbsdow

axebuilder
01-04-2008, 09:29 AM
yegh tell me about it, they want to see every thing and its ok , but when its our turn ,their all Hurry up lets go :chatter:!! im leaving, you coming or not :grumble:, and if you give attitude :curse: count on not getting any panocha:thumbsdow

that is why I haven't been to the mall in a while :no:

Doctor Shred
02-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Here is mine:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/jackgraner/DSC03124.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/jackgraner/DSC03125.jpg

:icon_cool:thumbs: