PDA

View Full Version : Got an S series Lefty!

Act of God
01-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I just won an ebay auction on a grey 1991+ s-series lefty. Only paid around 200 for it...which is nice.

pics to follow

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7380341532&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The Furious One
01-13-2006, 06:51 PM
I just won an ebay auction on a grey 1991+ s-series lefty. Only paid around 200 for it...which is nice.

pics to follow

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7380341532&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Right the fuck on MAN! I told you it would go cheap! :thumbs:

V King
01-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Good Score Bra!:eusa_clap Looks like a nice wide neck too :thumbs:

Act of God
01-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm actually hoping its not as wide as my RG560, Jesse's got small-ish hands

Act of God
02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Finally got the guitar, what a disaster. It looks like it was setup by a blind person with no arms. The strings are about 1/2 inch from the fretboard and the trem is giving to the strings so it looks like someone's pressing down on the tremelo 24-7. I can't lower the trem because the posts are stripped. The guitar is string with jet black strings that look like you could use them to tow a car (kinda thick). Bleh

Needless to say, the local music shop is giving it a sweet setup and I should have it by tomrorow night.

Next stop, taking out those HORRIBLE stock pickups. I assumed they would be as good as my RG. I was wrong.

p.s - this guitar NEEDS to be painted. The grey is ass

V King
02-15-2006, 10:05 PM
p.s - this guitar NEEDS to be painted. The grey is ass:eusa_thin :wavey:

Act of God
02-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm thinking Ibanez desert sun yellow with the matching headstock? I will probably throw in black/yellow dimarzios to go with hit

how does that sound?

Got it back today after the setup. I take everything back, this thing is terrific. What a difference.

CaptainClaw
02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Dude that is one helluva score, bro!!! I'm jealous! :thumbs:

lordcliffton
04-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I've got an 1991 Sabre 540 LTD also... bought it a couple years back on ebay & paid the low low price of $200 +$35 to ship!

it's an awesome Jewel Blue & came equipped with a set of EMGs (81b/60n) and the middle single coil is not connected but IS the original IBZUSAC3 single coil.

I know it may be sort of late to say this as the original post is at least 1 month old... but be sure you give those original F pickups in it a thorough workout before you decide to swap them for some dimarzios,,, mainly becuz at that time in history the Ibanez V series pups were actually made by DIMARZIO! Very close in sound to a Tone Zone or PAF Pro depending upon the model of pup. They are also quite sought after as well amongst ibanez lovers everywhere.

here is a link about Ibanez pups of those years... its from the dimarzio site but i had to do a lot of searching to find it.. if none of the pups on this page describe your model pups perhaps some more searching will produce better results?
http://66.223.50.132/faq/oem.html

Enjoy your axe & peace

Act of God
04-07-2006, 07:07 PM
My saber is newer (and cheaper) than the good old 540S. It has unmarked pickups (hot Z/H series). I'm actually starting not to mind them since I had the guitar setup. Ibanez stock pickups seem good on just about every model I've played (RG/S series)