PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden Strat - sort of

ErikH
09-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey y'all. Long time, no post. Been busy with things and hanging out at the Seymour Duncan forum too much...LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to share this beautiful axe that I got late last year from a friend of mine on the Duncan forum. It's a Warmoth body and Iron Maiden Strat neck. I have the original Maiden Strat body and electronics as well so if I wanted to, I can put the whole thing back as stock.....well, close to stock anyway. The mirror guard is long gone on the stock body but I have a silver pearl guard instead. Too bad Fender made this for only 1 year.

Anyway, here's a pic of it as it is now with the Warmoth body. The pickups are a DiMarzio Air Zone in the bridge and a DiMarzio Air Norton S in the neck. This is a total kick ass guitar. The neck is incredible and I'd like another one, or one close too it. Musikraft looks to have the closest specs so far.

http://www.erikhansen.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/maidenstrat1.jpg

BeN5150
09-27-2007, 02:45 PM
that is SA-WEET!

Act of God
09-27-2007, 07:15 PM
I love it, badass!

Thomasjo2093
09-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Very cool!!!!!

V King
09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey y'all. Long time, no post. Been busy with things and hanging out at the Seymour Duncan forum too much...LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to share this beautiful axe that I got late last year from a friend of mine on the Duncan forum. It's a Warmoth body and Iron Maiden Strat neck. I have the original Maiden Strat body and electronics as well so if I wanted to, I can put the whole thing back as stock.....well, close to stock anyway. The mirror guard is long gone on the stock body but I have a silver pearl guard instead. Too bad Fender made this for only 1 year.

Anyway, here's a pic of it as it is now with the Warmoth body. The pickups are a DiMarzio Air Zone in the bridge and a DiMarzio Air Norton S in the neck. This is a total kick ass guitar. The neck is incredible and I'd like another one, or one close too it. Musikraft looks to have the closest specs so far.

http://www.erikhansen.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/maidenstrat1.jpg

She shows strong very Sexy :drool2: for a Strat :icon_lol: YOu groove on the Duncan Forum but it has DImarzio's???:eusa_thin Anyways what is a Iron Maiden Strat Bro :icon_redf

toneseeker
09-28-2007, 05:26 AM
Nice. I'd rock it.

Vinnie, Fendre put out the Iron Maiden strat after Bruce and Adrian rejoined Maiden. Basically a black strat with a maple board, floyd, mirror pickguard and I believe Duncan pickups.

MapleShredder
09-28-2007, 08:09 AM
I must say that is one nice lookin' strat. I have not seen that pickup config like that on a strat before. Its got that ESP vibe to it. Very nice! :thumbs:

ErikH
09-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks, guys.

Vinnie, toneseeker has it right and yes, it did come with 3 Duncan pickups, JB Jr. in the bridge and Hot Rails in the mid and neck. And it was Crafted in Japan. Only made in 2001.

Even though I hang at the Duncan board most of the time, I use what works for me. My Kramer Baretta (avatar) has a JB in it, though not the stock one. I had to hunt that JB down because I wanted an old reverse zebra one like what came in it. When I got it, it had something else in it, don't remember what.

V King
09-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks, guys.

Vinnie, toneseeker has it right and yes, it did come with 3 Duncan pickups, JB Jr. in the bridge and Hot Rails in the mid and neck. And it was Crafted in Japan. Only made in 2001.

Even though I hang at the Duncan board most of the time, I use what works for me.

I know Bro I was just messing w/ you :icon_lol: I am the same too ,I have a Dimarzio "Fred" in my Black Retta :eusa_shhh and It sounds Mojo ala Brown Sound, those are really good P/U's :eusa_whis
I did not know about those Maiden Strat are they rare/collectible :eusa_thin

ErikH
09-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I know Bro I was just messing w/ you :icon_lol: I am the same too ,I have a Dimarzio "Fred" in my Black Retta :eusa_shhh and It sounds Mojo ala Brown Sound, those are really good P/U's :eusa_whis
I did not know about those Maiden Strat are they rare/collectible :eusa_thin

:thumbs: Cool, I've heard good things about the Fred. Never tried it myself though.

They Maiden Strats are pretty rare now. I hardly see any and the few I've seen actually sell in eBay have gone for $700 or more. There's one recently that went for almost $1100. :icon_eek:

toneseeker
10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I've always wanted to try a Fred as well. I don't have a guitar to put it in,
because i'm satisfied with the Custom in my Les Paul.

mike-o
11-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Just curious, how much did you buy this axe for? What size are the frets and what's the fretboard radius?

I want one.

ErikH
11-08-2007, 05:25 AM
I bought it with the original black body and pickups too so for a guitar and a half, $700. The frets are medium-jumbo, 9.5" radius.