PDA

View Full Version : Olp Mm1f

Thomasjo2093
09-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Has anyone tried one of these yet? My buddy just got his last week, I was so impressed I bought one too. Should be here this week. I went thru Funky Monkey and got thier version. Any opinions out there?

http://shredguitars.com/imagehosting/thum_31846f89760d485b.jpg (http://shredguitars.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=289)

MapleShredder
09-24-2007, 10:43 PM
I have not tried one of those yet. I use to have a Ernie Ball Musicman Axis guitar with the orange flame top finish. That was a nice guitar. :drool2: What kind of tremolo is on that OLP ? Is that a license Floyd Rose ? The guitar would sound awesome with Dimarzio or Duncan pickups and an original Floyd Rose trem if you can retrofit one on there. :eusa_thin

BeN5150
09-25-2007, 03:52 AM
thats an OFR Jeff, they upgraded this year!

Thomasjo2093
09-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Ben is correct. That is part of what blew me a way. And with a $399.00 price tag..WOW! The pickups in the Funky Monkey version are an upgrade to the standard model, I talked to the guy there and he said they are awesome. I hope it arrives today. I will let you know how it is whe nI get it.

John

MapleShredder
09-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Ben is correct. That is part of what blew me a way. And with a $399.00 price tag..WOW! The pickups in the Funky Monkey version are an upgrade to the standard model, I talked to the guy there and he said they are awesome. I hope it arrives today. I will let you know how it is whe nI get it.

John

Cool, you are all set to go then. Sounds like an awesome deal to me. :thumbs:

Thomasjo2093
09-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Got the guitar today. Man is this thing awesome. Pulled it out of the box did a little fine tuning and it was ready to rock. The pickups sound incredible thru my Crate 1/2. If you get a chance pick one of these up and play it, it speaks for itself.

John

The Furious One
09-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I love these guitars. I'm waiting for them to get their leftys w/ Floyds into production all though I'm told they will have lic. Floyds over the originals their right handed counterparts. Doesn't really matter to me. They're flat mounted so stability isn't really an issue and a quick block swap puts ya back tonally to an OFR. I just wish they'd get off that fake ass looking quilt film they put on the leftys. Oh well, there's always Vinnie to put some crazy ass design on it for me. I think a checkerboard finish on one would look sweet!

Enjoy the new geetah bro! The neck profile on them is just sick!

toneseeker
09-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Brent, you can buy real quilt and flame veneer from Universal Jems. That's an option to think about since it's a flat top.

A Nagel paint job could be cool on one as well. :drool2:
Always loved those on a Gunslinger.