PDA

View Full Version : Who Likes Stryper???

Raider76
09-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I was bored lookin at Axes and came across a cool RR V with Strypers sigs on it...correct me if im wrong but Budgolf likes them right???

http://www.chrisguitars.com/jack92rhoads-stryper.jpg

http://www.chrisguitars.com/electric.html ...its #74

V King
09-01-2007, 06:42 PM
I like Srtyper!! They Rocked man and good Players too :thumbs:

BananaHead
09-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I do believe Budgolf is a big stryper fan, as am I. Stryper has some of THE best hair metal riffs of all time, the playing (of all instruments) is phenomenal and Michael Sweet has some fucking PIPES!! Against the Law is such a kick-ass album!!!

toneseeker
09-03-2007, 06:32 AM
I never got into Stryper back in the day.
Maybe it's time to check them out again.
You do know that they got back together
a couple of years ago.
You'd have to go to one of the websites
that sells christian metal to get the CD, though.

If any of you guys want me to,
i'll go see if I can find a place that
sells some of their more recent stuff.

budgolf
09-03-2007, 08:22 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that guitar for sale?!?!?

And yes they are back together and in the studio right now working on releas two since the reunion!

Raider76
09-03-2007, 09:34 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that guitar for sale?!?!?

And yes they are back together and in the studio right now working on releas two since the reunion!

yes it is...go to the 2nd link i put up and go down to the 74th listing... Evrything from strypers look is awsome the black & yellow kicks ass!!!

MapleShredder
09-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes, I'm a Stryper fan too. :thumbs:

fasttracksstudio
09-04-2007, 11:23 AM
i too am a stryper fan and heres a funny story.i go see them right after high school at a small arena type venue.they come out my friends and i light up a joint and boy did that go wrong..a few parents and security are on the hunt for the pot heads..thank god my friends girlfriend also smokes ciggs and was smoking at the time to cover our asses.needless to say that was the the last joint smoked at a stryper show..:icon_lol:

The Furious One
09-04-2007, 11:59 AM
i too am a stryper fan and heres a funny story.i go see them right after high school at a small arena type venue.they come out my friends and i light up a joint and boy did that go wrong..a few parents and security are on the hunt for the pot heads..thank god my friends girlfriend also smokes ciggs and was smoking at the time to cover our asses.needless to say that was the the last joint smoked at a stryper show..:icon_lol:

LMAO! That is quite possibly one of the funniest things I've ever heard. The only thing that would make it better if one you guys was wearing a divine intervention or south of heaven Slayer shirt. :eusa_clap

axebuilder
09-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I met them in 89 I think? It was a church outing, I was wearing Slayer Root of all evil shirt:eusa_whis They didn't even notice :icon_lol:
The youth minister did and let me borrow his white cross tape, they weren't to bad

toneseeker
09-04-2007, 12:30 PM
White Cross had
some pretty good songs.

MapleShredder
09-04-2007, 01:47 PM
White Cross had
some pretty good songs.

Yes, great band too. :thumbs: There were alot of good bands in that genre. Holy Soldier, Angelica, Shout, Idle Cure, Guardian, Bloodgood, Barren Cross to name a few. :icon_lol:

Raider76
09-05-2007, 03:12 PM

:roll: :roll: :rofl: hahaha thats hilarious!!!!

Doctor Shred
02-01-2008, 07:15 AM
I was bored lookin at Axes and came across a cool RR V with Strypers sigs on it...correct me if im wrong but Budgolf likes them right???

I had the first two Stryper albums when they came out.

Didn't really do it for me.

I have no problem with Christian stuff it just didn't seem to work in the band.

Treva
02-01-2008, 09:14 AM
I only like that album wich has LADY song.His voice makes me wanna :puke:
Beautiful solo wich is cutted in that terrible video (please kill that director !).

YouTube - Stryper - Lady

MapleShredder
02-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I'd agree the first album Yellow and Black Attack album was not one of their best. To Hell With The Devil I think was the best one they did. :thumbs:

1984 - Yellow and Black Attack
1985 - Soldiers Under Command
1986 - To Hell With the Devil
1988 - In God We Trust
1990 - Against The Law

I heard some demos of their 2005 release called Reborn and was really disappointed in it. :thumbsdow

ibanezed4yrs
02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
nice concept... crappy band for me...

Treva
02-01-2008, 04:33 PM
nice concept... crappy band for me...

crappy band = NO THANKS ? :eusa_thin

buahahahahahahahaha

ibanezed4yrs
02-01-2008, 04:40 PM
i said "for me".. that keeps me off the hook...lol... i also complimented them on the concept.. christian metal bands.. very nice.. if i go that route, i listen to killswitch... i just don't like alot of 80's hair bands.. and they were one of them.. i swear, i was listening to stuff like moterhead, anthrax, stuff like that during the 80's.. plus new york had a killer metal scene.. so all those video's of bands, like stryper and others, that you see were not the only thing that was going on at the time.. sorry for offending anyone...lol..

Treva
02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
hehehe
Dude just because me and others like hair bands it doesn't mean I(we) were not listening to other stuff.I am a musician,I listen to all kinds of music,at that time I was listening to metal,modern jazz,brazilian music,pop music,classical music,instrumental music etc.
A musician who only listen to 1 genre is not a musician,it's an emobaby huahuhauauhuauaha

ibanezed4yrs
02-02-2008, 12:42 AM
i dunno.. nobody posts nothing like this..http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCSYnQeAKc8&feature=user.. so i figure no-one likes it..

ibanezed4yrs
02-02-2008, 12:45 AM
also kinda got into the gg allen scene in the mid 80's... talk about freaky... made manson look like a chior boy...lol..http://youtube.com/watch?v=aadZBknElvM..... lol...

Treva
02-02-2008, 12:50 AM
buahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ibanezed4yrs
02-02-2008, 01:32 AM
see... told you.. you obviously didn't listen to the same stuff i did.. it's kool... lol...

Treva
02-02-2008, 02:10 AM
I listened and played some motorhead songs like ace of spades and others I don't remember their names.
I played them because my band wanted to paly them,I don't like motorhead.
I listen to music without bothering about what they are/were wearing or what kind of haircut they have or had.
I listened even to Milly and Vanilly ???!!! uahuhauhuahuahuah

ibanezed4yrs
02-02-2008, 07:10 AM
yeah... i know you're musical taste.. it astounds me you even qoute and sing songs that 5 year olds listen too...lol.. michael jackson (post jackson 5).. lol....lol. i do, however, pay attention to hair, and fashon, and such.. 'cause with so many artists, it's all about the green.. what sells?.. what makes the most money?.. back then it was hair and spandex.. today, it's black eye-liner and feeling of worthlessness.. same reason i didn't listen to bands back then are the same reasons i don't listen to the bands of today.. too worried about image.. not about music.. it doesn't matter if the dude can shred his ass off, if it's all about the money, there's no heart and soul in it.. just money.. i'd rather listen to radiohead than mettellica.. mettallica has millions of dollars rollin in everyday and bitches about piracy, radiohead lives in a tiny rat-hole apartment and could care or less about piracy.. 'cause it gets their music out.. it's all about the music for them.. not the money... that's why i never liked alot of bands.. anyways... nuff said..

Treva
02-02-2008, 07:23 AM
I really don't understand why you care about what bands are doing or done.
Hair,money I don't care,I care about results,if results are good to my ears they can use anything they want or do music only for the money,I don't care that's their lifes.
I care about results = music.If it's good to my ears ,fuck about everything else.
If you care about what they are dressing,what color they are painting their eyes or about their haircuts,you are more poser than them hehehehe.
Music is to be heard not to be seen(please correct my english ).
You need to known that here,when glam was rocking,we didn't see them playing,we didn't see their hairs,we didn't even know the term glam or hair metal.We called therm HARD rock.
Remember it is a different country.I only saw bon jovi after I had enough about you give love a bad name.
His hair ???? I really didn't care I'm not a girl,what about you you king of posers huahuahuahuhauhahuaha

Treva
02-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I forget that,what do you have against making money ?
Me ,you everybody have bills to pay,why do you think God gives money to musicians.
No I have to work from 7 to .......I don't know .
I make music because I like,I play guitar because I like,I espent thousand hours studing so why me(we) can't make money with music?
Yes we can and lucky the ones who make a fortune with music.
Musicians are called druggeds,vagabonds whatever and we can make money to pay our bills ??
Think about it,for now on every iron worker(like you) cannot make money doing their job cause it will be all about money !!
Non sense.
So if some musicians to make more money did or do pop cheesy songs,well there is space for everything.
I am talking to much cause if I stop I will sleep huahuhauhauha

ibanezed4yrs
02-02-2008, 09:37 PM
I forget that,what do you have against making money ?
Me ,you everybody have bills to pay,why do you think God gives money to musicians.
No I have to work from 7 to .......I don't know .
I make music because I like,I play guitar because I like,I espent thousand hours studing so why me(we) can't make money with music?
Yes we can and lucky the ones who make a fortune with music.
Musicians are called druggeds,vagabonds whatever and we can make money to pay our bills ??
Think about it,for now on every iron worker(like you) cannot make money doing their job cause it will be all about money !!
Non sense.
So if some musicians to make more money did or do pop cheesy songs,well there is space for everything.
I am talking to much cause if I stop I will sleep huahuhauhauha
never said they can't make money... just don't bitch cause your millions aint enough.. nobody works for free.. that's called a hoby.. but gene simmons and lars ulrich and all those other rich ass bastards wanna bitch cause someones downloading their song... who gives a rats ass.. i did it when i was a kid by holding up a tape recorder to the radio.. that's what i'm talking about.. so.. go ahead and make moneyat it.. just don't cry cause your precious song is on limewire...

ibanezed4yrs
02-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I really don't understand why you care about what bands are doing or done.
Hair,money I don't care,I care about results,if results are good to my ears they can use anything they want or do music only for the money,I don't care that's their lifes.
I care about results = music.If it's good to my ears ,fuck about everything else.
If you care about what they are dressing,what color they are painting their eyes or about their haircuts,you are more poser than them hehehehe.
Music is to be heard not to be seen(please correct my english ).
You need to known that here,when glam was rocking,we didn't see them playing,we didn't see their hairs,we didn't even know the term glam or hair metal.We called therm HARD rock.
Remember it is a different country.I only saw bon jovi after I had enough about you give love a bad name.
His hair ???? I really didn't care I'm not a girl,what about you you king of posers huahuahuahuhauhahuaha
wanna know why i care what they do or done?.. cause it's attitude.. when aerosmith was writing their own songs back in the 70's, they were awesome.. Draw the Line, Sick As a Dog.. all that stuff.. killer tunes... then.. it got to be about money.. and how the band sells.. and all their songs became about love and stuff.. even steve tylor talks about how that wasn't aerosmith.. it was the producers getting involved over money.. and he even admitted they sucked.. although you probably like those songs cause you're into love songs and stuff.. that's fine.. not me.. so yes.. i care if a band is in it for the money.. cause when you worry about fashion and hair, you're not worrying about your music.. it's made to sell.. they are the wal-mart of music.. screw that.. look at gg allen.. sucks.. no musical talent what's so ever.. but did he believe in what he did?.. damn right.. no-one puts themselves thru that for show.. he lived that life.. he had a fan base, and people actually went to see him just to get piss and shit slung on them.. why?.. cause he was his art.. not in it for money.. like marilan manson..(who?)..lol.. so that's it.. worrying about fashion and hair=bad choices in research and development... worrying about your music and art=loyal fanbase who will shit in your coffen on your deathbed just cause you wanted it that way...

Treva
02-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Good argueing here,as the same.
Bro I think we are lunatics hehehe

The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path

The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more

ibanezed4yrs
02-03-2008, 06:33 AM
lol... it ain't exactly arguing... it's "discussing with an attitude"...lol..... i always enjoy a good discussion...lol... i can always count on my buddy treva for a good discussion...lol...

Treva
02-03-2008, 06:40 AM
yup I know that...

ibanezed4yrs
02-03-2008, 06:54 AM
lol.. my bro.. see the freindship here people.. just when you thought we were gonna yell and scream at each other, we're cool...lol..

Treva
02-03-2008, 07:05 AM
So many talkings,so many ideas,so many good times and so many jokes !!!

Love's in the air !

ibanezed4yrs
02-03-2008, 07:52 AM
lol.. are we the only ones here?...lol

CaptainClaw
02-03-2008, 10:08 AM
lol.. are we the only ones here?...lol

I'M WATCHING YOU FUCKERS! :icon_lol:

Watching you watching me
I was hoping you'd be here tonight
Watching him watching you
He'd better watch out too
'Coz he keeps getting in my light
I think he's going overload
Don't know what you're running for
He thinks he's got you where he wants you babe
But he don't understand the power of the claw
The claw, the claw, the claw

EDIT - shit I've been around Treva too long. Someone shoot me.

Treva
02-03-2008, 10:13 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/gplayer8/Guncont.jpg

Do it Adam I'm with you !!! :eusa_clap

ibanezed4yrs
02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
lol...