PDA

View Full Version : Ok what about this??

Kammo1
08-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi, just thought I'd share also a couple of guitars I made for a good friend of mine and that is Jon Levin of Dokken. I was honoured to have worked with Jon on these and also spent some time a few years back with Jon at his house and must say he is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, any way enjoy these :thumbs:
The Jester http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Kammo1/JL1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Kammo1/Gajic1.jpg

Here is the master with his original big mouth Charvel
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Kammo1/LA16.jpg

MapleShredder
08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
WOW !! I like all those guitars. You do excellent work! :thumbs:

toneseeker
08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Ok, Kammo,
looks like you're my kind of dude. :thumbs:
I'm a beginning builder, so I may have some questions.

What are the diamonds
made of on the Jester guitar?

axebuilder
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Kammo1
08-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Ok, Kammo,
looks like you're my kind of dude. :thumbs:
I'm a beginning builder, so I may have some questions.

What are the diamonds
made of on the Jester guitar?
They are made of real bright aluminium bonded onto a mylar type backing and to date I have yet to find another supplier of this. I had some kicking around for a while and I can't recall where I got it from but was enough to do Jon's guitar. I have a lead on some at the moment and am waiting to hear back from them so when I do I'll let you know. There are some others on the market but have a slight orange peel effect and the ones I used for Jon's guitar was like a mirror absolutely flat and level.hope this helps:thumbs:

toneseeker
08-30-2007, 06:41 AM
One of my friends is a refinisher in Philadelphia. He's been looking for something like that, but everything he has found does the orange peel look when it dries.

Kammo1
08-30-2007, 01:42 PM
I know exactly what you mean and if I can pass on some advice its this. When you have put about 3 coats of clear onto the body covering the colour let it dry for at least a week so it can move all it wants, then when this has dried flat it all down through the grades until you get to 1500 grit so its like glass then you apply the mirrored chrome and then apply a mist coat to start and let it flash off, then you can go spraying as you would for the specific finish you are using. Spray no more than 3 coats a day and let it dry when this had dried work the raised area of the applied foil down "BUT" be careful you don't sand through. When you have a fair amount of build let it dry for at least 2 weeks "YES" even with a poly so it will well and truly harden. Then flat down and polish to a mirrored gloss, hope it helps.

mike2731
08-30-2007, 05:39 PM
That diamond guitar is BADASS!!! :thumbs: I love the 12th fret inlay on that too. Awesome stuff bro!! :notworthy

Raider76
08-30-2007, 08:25 PM
:drool2: :drool2: dude that jester guitar is awwwwsome!!!!!....what do yer headstock logos say??

Kammo1
08-31-2007, 02:37 AM
:drool2: :drool2: dude that jester guitar is awwwwsome!!!!!....what do yer headstock logos say??
Bro it says my surname GAJIC, kinda cool I think :icon_lol:

BeN5150
08-31-2007, 08:05 AM
I've heard of Gajic guitars before, on this forum, so are you the guy who builds them as a business?

The Furious One
08-31-2007, 08:07 AM
OMG! That is fuck'n sick! I'll be sending a PM your way about how much I need to save for a neck similar to that!

The Furious One
08-31-2007, 08:08 AM
I've heard of Gajic guitars before, on this forum, so are you the guy who builds them as a business?

Yes, I believe it is. I also think this is the same guy that has built a couple necks for another forum bro on the Seymour Duncan forum that goes by the name of Twilight Odyssey aka Ben! Killer work if you ask me!

MapleShredder
08-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes, I believe it is. I also think this is the same guy that has built a couple necks for another forum bro on the Seymour Duncan forum that goes by the name of Twilight Odyssey aka Ben! Killer work if you ask me!

Is that the same Twilight Odyssey that is a member of this board also ? :eusa_thin

BeN5150
08-31-2007, 09:11 AM
lol, I think Twilight was the guy who always brought up Gajic. and Twilight has the same name as...ME! lol

The Furious One
08-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Is that the same Twilight Odyssey that is a member of this board also ? :eusa_thin

I believe so!

V King
09-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Definitely Kick Ass!! :thumbs: Welcome to Shred Bro lets see more of yor Stuff Pweeyz :eusa_whis

KHINGPYNN
10-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi Laz good to see you are doing well bro. The black with diamonds you did for Jon is outstanding bro... LOVE IT.

Craig

PacerMedic
10-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Nothing new to add. Welcome to the forum and your work kicks serious quantities of A! :thumbs:

Jester = :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2:

uberthrall
11-18-2007, 03:45 PM
I too love that black one!! The one with the mouth looks exactly like one of
Brad Whitford's guitars that was floating around a couple of music stores here
in southeast Massachusetts quite a few years ago.

Treva
11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
I could buy the number one ,but it should have white binding around fingerboard and headstock.

uberthrall
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I could buy the number one ,but it should have white binding around fingerboard and headstock.

Yeah.....good point,that would be pretty fucking cool. Still really nice
as is though.:thumbs: