PDA

View Full Version : Conklin

Neoshred
07-14-2007, 07:55 AM
One of my dream guitars... an 8 (or 9) string guitar. WAY expensive though. What do you guys think about Conklins? Anyone own one?

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/neoshred/dreamconklin.jpg

:headbang:

DRM
07-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Conklin...god, they're nice. Have you heard of LGM Guitars? They make an 8 string model for like $2000 and it's amazing. Also, Ibanez have a Prestige 8 string with EMG's for $1500 this year.

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige (http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=4&TempID=5&STRID=151942&Method=2&CategoryID=683&BrandID=1380&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=8+string&Contains=%2Astring%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=)

As for me, I'm fine with a 7 string at most. I played one of the Petrucci 7-string's and man, they're NICE. :thumbs:

Neoshred
07-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Yea I must say I love my 7 string Schecter hellraiser. But I'm a huge fan of Cooley, so I'd love to explore more strings. I've heard of LGM... bitchin guitars! I used to visit their site frequently, until they posted a note that said they would make no further guitars until they had the time. So I figured it would be a LONG time before I could get my hands on one of those fine pieces.

DRM
07-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Yea I must say I love my 7 string Schecter hellraiser. But I'm a huge fan of Cooley, so I'd love to explore more strings. I've heard of LGM... bitchin guitars! I used to visit their site frequently, until they posted a note that said they would make no further guitars until they had the time. So I figured it would be a LONG time before I could get my hands on one of those fine pieces.

...Rusty Cooley. Haven't heard that name in a LONG time. I used to like his stuff, but I moved out of the neo-classical shred a while back. Although I must say, he's fuckin INSANE. Under the Influence never fails to impress me. Plus, he has a lot of knowledge on theory and whatnot. Truly a great player. (and while we're on Neo Classical...I'm gonna go ahead and say that I love Yngwie Malmsteen and Joe Stump. Rising Force is the bible for shredding and Night of the Living Shred is :drool2: Apart from that...eh)

Speaking of Rusty, I'm sure you've seen his Dean signature. I've played a few Dean's but I'm not sure if I'd drop the cash for one...especially not at the price they go for. (the same as a Jackson SL2...eek) But Dean do make some kickass guitars, they're just overpriced as a mo-fo.

As for LGM; yeah, it sucks. They did kickass inlays and replacement necks, too. Here's to hoping they get back into business soon.

Neoshred
07-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Oh yea Cooley still doesn't cease to impress me. His solo stuff is awesome, but his band Outworld is even better. Crazy stuff. I'm also a big Yngwie and Joe Stump fan among others. Rising Force was one of the first albums to get me practicing to be a shredder.

I've seen Rusty's Dean Signature, and I must admit it is bad ass. Many a time I wondered if it's the guitar for me. But I'm afraid it is not. After playing many flat neck guitars and moving on to my Schecter 7, I realized that rounded necks are the way to go, for me anyways. But if Rusty swears by his guitar, I'm not going to argue... I mean just listen to the guy's playing! And I agree... the Deans that are worth spending money on would break the bank big time.