PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Tracer Flames Mapleboard Neck

MapleShredder
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Take a look at this black with flames Peavey Tracer guitar with mapleboard neck. :drool2: I just got this axe super cheap for only $79 on Ebay. Its got some potential, but I don't know if I should leave the stickers on back. What do you think Dale (Axeme) ? :icon_lol:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/tourpicx/Guitar%20Projects/tracer1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/tourpicx/Guitar%20Projects/tracer2.jpg

Act of God
05-16-2006, 05:22 PM
the other guitarist in my high school band had a yellow one with the maple neck..and the freakin thing SHREDDED. That was a damn underrated axe right there.

axebuilder
05-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Pretty cool jeff, 79 bucks for a guitar is awesome!

mike2731
05-17-2006, 10:23 AM
That's awesome Jeff. Don't they have Kahler Spyders on them? The bridge is worth that alone! :thumbs:

Mike

MapleShredder
05-17-2006, 11:00 AM
That's awesome Jeff. Don't they have Kahler Spyders on them? The bridge is worth that alone! :thumbs:

Mike

Yes, its a Kahler trem on that geetar. :eusa_danc I'm not sure of the model of that tremolo until I get this guitar in my hands...could be a Spyder or 2700 model. I'm not sure what came stock on it. I'm not the Peavey expert but I did some research and the guitar is a Tracer II deluxe model.

mike2731
05-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Pretty sure it's the Spyder. You can see how it angles from the sides to the back of the bridge. Good score!

MapleShredder
05-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Pretty sure it's the Spyder. You can see how it angles from the sides to the back of the bridge. Good score!

How right you are bro! :thumbs: Just got the guitar in yesterday and indeed its a Kahler Spyder trem bridge. Only issue with the bridge is the saddle block piece is missing on the low E saddle and a tiny regular floyd block piece is in there to hold the string. Its doing the job so we'll see how long it lasts like that. Also I removed the "I love Rednecks" white vinyl stickers on the back but kept the decal flame stickers in the front. :icon_lol: The stock pickups are pretty decent for the most part. The neck pickup has a more warm "bluesy" sound to it which sounds :thumbsdow when alot of distortion is used...but the bridge pickup is absolutely great on both clean and distorted channels. :thumbs: The bridge pickup kinda reminds me of the Duncan Full Shred pups in looks and sound. :eusa_danc

mike2731
05-26-2006, 08:07 PM
That's cool Jeff! The price was worth the Spyder alone. I'll look through my parts to see if I have the piece you need. I have no clue if I do, but I've had a few Spyders and parts pass through my hands through the years. I'll let you know if one turns up!

Enjoy it!

Mike

phred
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
I have been a PV fan for a while now. VERY underated. I have a Nitro Active that I got for 100.00. Kahler Killer in mint cond, very flat Wizard like neck. I put a SD Custom Custom in it and have it tuned for VH. :thumbs: I feel that if your into Kahlers, a Nitro can hold its own with any single HB guitar.:thumbs:

Phred

V King
10-19-2006, 08:54 PM
:eusa_thin no pictures for me :icon_sad: what happen to your Link bro

mike2731
10-20-2006, 07:24 AM

This was an old thread Vinnie, from May. Jeff probably removed his pictures by now.

MapleShredder
10-20-2006, 11:52 AM

This guitar has been long gone now for a few months. I moved the pic from my Guitar Collection page in my Photobucket account to the "previously owned guitar " folder. If you wanna see a pic of it, here you go Vinnie. :thumbs:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/tourpicx/Past%20Owned%20Guitars/tracer1.jpg

V King
10-20-2006, 11:32 PM
their we go :eusa_danc :eusa_thin so you dont have it any more, and Maple board too :drool2:

MapleShredder
10-21-2006, 08:52 AM
their we go :eusa_danc :eusa_thin so you dont have it any more, and Maple board too :drool2:

I know :doh: I know for me to give up a mapleboard axe is like asking an addict to give up drugs. :icon_lol: But when I was in the market for a Chet Atkins SST acoustic (see my Guitar Collection page) they offered me $120 for my Tracer which is $40 more than I paid on Ebay. Could not pass the deal up and since the acoustic guitar had a few blemishes I got a discount on that too. :eusa_danc For a low end axe though those Peavey Tracers with the Kahler Spyder trems are great guitars. Had very low action and the neck radius was like an Ibanez Wizard II neck. :thumbs: