PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Ale

CaptainClaw
01-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Anyone here have any Pumkin Ale this year? I tried it about two years ago for the first time, and let me tell you it's now a holiday staple for me! A good friend of mine turned me onto it and at first I was cautious... I mean, come on... PUMPKIN BEER?!? It couldn't be good right? How wrong I was. It's actually very good stuff. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but this stuff is top notch. It tastes like a good ale going down and then there is this slight nutmeg aftertaste that just tops it off nicely. Good stuff! :thumbs:

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/73/79/Buffalo_Bill_s_Pumpkin_Ale-resized200.jpg (http://www.epinions.com/content_115833147012)

Invader Chris
01-04-2006, 04:20 AM
It sounds god-awful, but I'd definitely try it! :)

CaptainClaw
01-04-2006, 07:43 AM
I thought the same thing bro... till I tried it :thumbs: One thing is for sure. You have to like pumpkin pie of course hahaha. If not, you won't like this ale. It's very subtle, good stuff!

Invader Chris
01-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I love pumpkin pie, but I typically like my beer to taste like beer, ya know? :D

Is it easy to find, like can I go to Kroger (or some other large grocer) and find it?

CaptainClaw
01-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Probably not, Chris. I had to go to a liquor store here to find it. We have a place called "Lee's Discount Liquor" that is a HUGE store where you can find every kind of alcohol imaginable LOL

If you have somewhere similar, try there first. I doubt a grocery or dept store would have it. I like my beer to taste like beer too, but you gotta trust me on this one! I was scared to try it, but once I did it became a holiday staple for me. Every year I have to get a six pack or two for the holiday season!:thumbs:

Invader Chris
01-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Probably not, Chris. I had to go to a liquor store here to find it. We have a place called "Lee's Discount Liquor" that is a HUGE store where you can find every kind of alcohol imaginable LOL

If you have somewhere similar, try there first. I doubt a grocery or dept store would have it. I like my beer to taste like beer too, but you gotta trust me on this one! I was scared to try it, but once I did it became a holiday staple for me. Every year I have to get a six pack or two for the holiday season!:thumbs:
I'll check the state liquor store, and if I strike out there, I'll find somebody with a military ID to go on base (I live about 15 minutes from Wright Patterson AFB). I went with a Nat'l Guard buddy to get a keg there once, and it was like the first time I ever walked into Guitar Center :)