PDA

View Full Version : Reissue Rg550!!! Maple Fb!!!

DRM
01-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Click Here (http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG550MXX).

FINALLY. They answered my prayers for a Prestige RG with a Maple Fretboard. And in what color other than Desert Yellow? I can't wait for a local store to get one of these in stock!!! :drool2:

...ALSO...a production 8 string (http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG2228)!

BananaHead
01-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Now, that is badass!! I have always wanted one. I'd swap in some pink pups and switches, though:icon_wink

Act of God
01-20-2007, 02:25 PM
One problem, EXTREMELY limited production. I saw the numbers and its like 2,000 made or something retarded like that. Each store can only get maybe 1

mike2731
01-20-2007, 02:47 PM
One problem, EXTREMELY limited production. I saw the numbers and its like 2,000 made or something retarded like that. Each store can only get maybe 1

Man, that's just stupid. I guess they're assuming they won't sell in mass production? Too 80's? :scratch:

Maybe they're right, but it sure looks cool.

DRM
01-20-2007, 03:52 PM

:goddammit:

That's some :bsflag: !!!

fasttracksstudio
01-20-2007, 06:26 PM
man i have been gassing bigtime for one of these untill i read the thread that the fight was in about this guitar compared to the earlier ones made in japan.i guess the reissues are korean made so i scored this one off the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270079199940&rd=1&rd=1

BananaHead
01-20-2007, 10:04 PM
man i have been gassing bigtime for one of these untill i read the thread that the fight was in about this guitar compared to the earlier ones made in japan.i guess the reissues are korean made so i scored this one off the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270079199940&rd=1&rd=1

DROOOOOOLLLL!!! That's EXACTLY what I had in mind when I said I would swap in some pink pups:icon_wink

axebuilder
01-22-2007, 02:48 PM
D.Y. all the way:drool2: :thumbs:

fasttracksstudio
01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
what does the dy mean ? i know its an rg 550 but whats the dy mean ? sorry this is my 1st ibanez..ok its desert yellow,what a dumd ass i am

Invader Chris
01-27-2007, 08:34 PM
If you miss out on the RI, just get an original. I know it's not like you can't spit without hitting one, but they're not THAT rare.

mike-o
01-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Man, that's just stupid. I guess they're assuming they won't sell in mass production? Too 80's? :scratch:

Maybe they're right, but it sure looks cool.

i know, right... they'll sell out so fast. i hope they mass produce them, maybe take 'em out of the presitge range so we can snag em new for around $500.

Dee
02-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi. I registered at the forum just to reply to this thread.

First of all, the RG550 20th Anniversary is a reissue which is limited to 1,987 pieces. The significance of this number should be obvious, as this is the 20th anniversary since it's release.

Secondly, this guitar is made in the Fujigen factory in Japan, just like the original. The difference between this 20th Anniversary model and the original is the neck. The reissue keeps the same profile of the original Wizard but now it has 5-piece construction and dual titanium reinforcement bars running parallel to the truss rod. This adds a great amount of strength and minimizes the possibility of warping. The only other difference is the fret work. This has the Prestige treatment, and of course, the original didn't.

Bottom line: this guitar is better than the original.

List price is $1,199. "Street" price is $899. There are 3 colours: Black, Desert Yellow, and Road Flare Red. Also included is a colour-matched case and accessories.

Good luck in getting one, you'll have to move very quickly as they will be gone in no time, especially the DY and RF models.

hope they mass produce them, maybe take 'em out of the presitge range so we can snag em new for around $500.

So, you're asking for Ibanez to lower the quality and make the RG550 in Korea or Indonesia? Please. That would be doing a disservice to a classic guitar.