PDA

View Full Version : Vai Jackson- At Barrett Jackson!!!

Giarc
01-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, I was at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale last night, they were auctioning off a bunch of collectible Rock memoribilia.

One of the things they are auctioning off tonight is this. THE neck-thru Soloist that Vai used on Eat'em and Smile with Roth, and toured with following the release of the album. The auction book said that it comes with a hand written letter from Vai to authenticate it. It was described as having a headstock repair, but heck...WHO CARES?

Geez...if I had the 'means'...$$$

http://www.voguehost.com/ims/u/giarc/My%20photos/via2.jpg

Here's a link with a good shot of the axe...

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/rockdetails.asp?In_AuctionID=221&In_LotNumber=3301

toneseeker
01-17-2007, 06:06 AM
I always figured he used the
Green Meanie.

axebuilder
01-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Vai has some nice axes from the 8o's and that sirs is one of them!

Giarc
01-17-2007, 08:53 AM
I always figured he used the
Green Meanie.

According to the auction book, this Jackson was used to record "Ladies night in Buffalo" and "I'm easy".

Oh, and it goes on the block tonight(1/17), not last night. It should be interesting to see what it goes for...

mike2731
01-17-2007, 09:39 AM
According to the auction book, this Jackson was used to record "Ladies night in Buffalo" and "I'm easy".

Oh, and it goes on the block tonight(1/17), not last night. It should be interesting to see what it goes for...

He Craig, I'll PM you my address if you want to pick that one up for me...:icon_lol:

Giarc
01-17-2007, 05:12 PM
He Craig, I'll PM you my address if you want to pick that one up for me...:icon_lol:

Hey Mike, I would be happy to bid for ya man, but I'm sitting it out tonight. I won't even be there to see it go. But, the final sell price should be posted tomorrow. I'm really curious how high it will go. If there happens to be no Vai fans in the audiance (it was a REAL small group of bidders on Monday), then who knows? Some lucky stiff could walk away with it (relatively) cheap.

..but get a couple Vai fans get in a bidding war with the 'means', and $$$$$$$$$:icon_eek:

toneseeker
01-18-2007, 06:51 AM

Not a big Vai fan, but I respect the man's skills.
I always saw pictures of him with the Green Meanie
or the heart shaped double neck.

Webbhead13
01-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Did anyone see what it sold for?

Giarc
01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Did anyone see what it sold for?

I can't find it on the website. I REALLY want to know, though.