PDA

View Full Version : Nght Swan

Pacertracer
11-10-2006, 10:04 AM
I am going to look at a NightSwan tonight that I saw in the local classifieds.

The seller says that it is Japanese 'red sparkle' with a Floyd II and that the only real difference between it and an 'American' is that the word Night Swan is not on the headstock. Are there any other differences?

I love my blue sparkle American Swan - so if the only real difference with the Japanese ones is that they were assembled at the ESP factory, then I'll bring it home for the $300 he's asking!

axebuilder
11-10-2006, 10:10 AM
The difference I can think of is the Jap. does not have the ping pong inlay, the F.R.II

Here a link to one at Tommyguitars
http://www.tommyguitars.com/catalog/item/1569333/1912637.htm
Looks like the japs have Alder instead of Mahogany

CaptainClaw
11-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Eric is right on the body wood. I'd avoid it only because of the body wood personally. I love the tone of the mahogany Swans... unreal. Alder would just ruin it in my opinion.

axebuilder
11-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Eric is right on the body wood. I'd avoid it only because of the body wood personally. I love the tone of the mahogany Swans... unreal. Alder would just ruin it in my opinion.

Very good point on the tone Captain, I heard lots of people complain about the sound of the "Full Shred" in alder and maple bodies. Something like it sounds really thin.
So If you can plug her in first and give her a listen
:thumbs:

Pacertracer
11-10-2006, 03:41 PM
:icon_sad: Just tried it out and it sounded nasty compared to my real Swan - neck felt wrong too - and the set-up was horrible. I think I'll buy a Vangaurd instead!

jjoldschool
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
dude the floyd II is not great, there were actually a few different versions of the floyd II, check it out. night swan was designed by a guy named buddy blaze who lives in Texas under blaze guitars.

axebuilder
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Someone say nightswan:icon_lol:
Man I wish I could have bought them all:drool2:
http://shredguitars.com/imagehosting/5145394de0070d6.jpg

MrScary
04-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey Bro...do you mind if I copy that picture and put it on my desktop? I LOVE that pic!!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!:notworthy

Eric

axebuilder
04-25-2007, 01:19 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs:

toneseeker
04-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Great picture Eric!

MrScary
04-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks man! My wife was like "Holy Shit!!!! Look at all those necks you'll never have!" :points:

Thanks sweetheart! :321:

Eric

MrScary
04-26-2007, 08:57 AM
I have a question about that picture...

The bottom row there are some unfinished necks there. The third one in...is that METAL?

Are my eyes deceiving me? Could that be a weird aluminum head?:eusa_eh:

Eric

axebuilder
04-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks man! My wife was like "Holy Shit!!!! Look at all those necks you'll never have!" :points:

Thanks sweetheart! :321:

Eric
When My wife saw the pic she was like great! dont even think of bringing them home:icon_lol: :eusa_naug :no: :doh:

MrScary
04-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Ouch!

Did you sneak any home?:roll:

Eric

axebuilder
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
oh yeah!
1 swan neck , 2 proaxe necks, 1 fully bound neck, and 4 bodies:thumbs:
and BELIEVE ME in was TOUGH!, hey honey whats the cats doing zzzzzzoooooooooommmmmmmm down the basement I went:icon_lol: :icon_lol:
but sadly I only have my NOS Swan, and bound neck and body now:icon_sad:

axebuilder
04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I have a question about that picture...

The bottom row there are some unfinished necks there. The third one in...is that METAL?

Are my eyes deceiving me? Could that be a weird aluminum head?:eusa_eh:

Eric
Sorry Eric I missed this question, That one that looks metal is plexi glass its a Template

MrScary
04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
That would 'splain it!:thumbs:

Eric

MapleShredder
04-30-2007, 01:12 PM
oh yeah!
1 swan neck , 2 proaxe necks, 1 fully bound neck, and 4 bodies:thumbs:
and BELIEVE ME in was TOUGH!, hey honey whats the cats doing zzzzzzoooooooooommmmmmmm down the basement I went:icon_lol: :icon_lol:
but sadly I only have my NOS Swan, and bound neck and body now:icon_sad:

I know what you mean...good to know I'm not the only one that has tried this one when dealing with the wife. Just do not mention that you are "sneaking in bodies" as it does not go over well. Much easier to say "guitar bodies". :icon_lol:

axebuilder
05-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I know what you mean...good to know I'm not the only one that has tried this one when dealing with the wife. Just do not mention that you are "sneaking in bodies" as it does not go over well. Much easier to say "guitar bodies". :icon_lol:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: with a screen name axekiller that would not be good for me:eusa_whis :eusa_whis the glove dont fit you must aquite:icon_lol:

MapleShredder
05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: with a screen name axekiller that would not be good for me:eusa_whis :eusa_whis the glove dont fit you must aquite:icon_lol:

AxeKiller screen name = parting out guitars. J/K :icon_wink

axebuilder
05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
yup might be some more too but non kramer